kdrama4.png

Hello MDL community

I require your force and wises today, to help me find cool dramas with bad-ass (even a little bitchy) 1st female lead role. 
Tired of butterfly-heating clueless heroines, I need someone with guts, or at least some personality to entertain me. 
Do you have any ideas? I could think of so much of this type of girl, could be Jun Ji Hyunfrom "My love from other star" or "Heroine disqualified" Kiritani Mirei, Lee Da Hae from "Hotel King", or again Seo Kang Joon's older sister in "Cheese in The Trap", you understood me I guess! 
Any Country ok
Thanks y'all!

It's Okay, That's Love
The World That They Live In
Another Oh Hæ Young
Golden Empire
Que Sera Sera
Vampire Detective, she's really awesome, total badass (it isn't a romance series though)
I Hear Your Voice
Angry Mom
Baek Hee Has Returned
Signal
Witch's Romance
Individualist Ms. Ji Young

Pretty car eyes : i tried to watch twice it's ok thats love, I always quit around ep 12 for no reasons, it's sad because the plot is mature and Hyo Jin is one of my fav korean actress
The World That They Live In seems to have a very nice plot, plus Hyun Bin, I'll give it a try
I looooved another Oh hae Yong
Golden Empire sounds also very interesting but seems kind of dark and revolving around a man im i right ?
que sera sera need me to give it a shot !

CHiara : Oh thanks thats really close to what i want. actually lately i'm more into detective J-drama rather than Krom-com so a nice Korean show not involving too much romance is a total plus for me
Tan : I have the same problem with I hear your voice than its ok thats love actually : tried twice, dropped in the midle of it even if it's one of everyone's fav.
I'll try angry mom, Baek hee and witch's romance eventually but individualist ms Ji young sounds very interesting to me and of course Signal, it was a masterpiece ;)
She is somehow fragile but yet bad-ass and funny ^^ : BOSS and BOSS 2

Selty, re Golden Empire ... no, the show might seem to revolve around the male protagonist, but it actually doesn't. The show in fact revolves around the Golden Empire and the fierce competition between the three main protagonists to get it. One of these protagonists is a really badass female executive who is perhaps my most favourite heroine of all time because she's so whip smart and capable. She is equally as good, and sometimes even better, at playing the chess game that was this story as the men (if/when you watch the show you'll understand why I say it's a chess game).

It's very rare in dramaland to see such a dynamic, shrewd and well-rounded female protagonist. She goes neck and neck with the men and she had just as much chance of winning or losing as they did. I loved her character. Like I said, she's one of my all time favourite female characters ... she's strong without being catty / bitchy. She didn't need to be because she was so so smart. Unlike you, I don't like bitchy heroines ... as they only resort to bitchiness because they lack self-confidence in most cases (like Oh Hæ Young and the female leads in It's Okay, Love & World That They Live In). But this woman here was a confident, enterprising business woman who made very calculated moves. Nothing about her was overly emotional and irrational like the typical k-drama heroine, and the actress they chose to play her was perfect for the role!

I think that's why she worked so well for me because she's my kind of 'strong' female character. Often times we throw around the word 'strong' to describe female protagonists who actually aren't that strong at all, but this one hits all the right notes. I tend to watch dramas mostly for the male leads (I'm usually indifferent to the women ... as long as they aren't so bad that I end up hating them), but I was equally invested in her character as much as I was in the male lead. Give it a chance, I would dare to say you won't be disappointed by her at all.

And given that you're looking for something with less romance, this is your perfect choice. GE is more of a business/revenge type drama ... there is talk of romance and really good chemistry between the male lead and the two main female characters, but nothing ever comes of it. I, as a romance junkie, never missed the romance, and that's saying a lot because I almost didn't watch this show because of the lack of romance. I'm one of those viewers who like a good romantic story arch in my dramas, even if romance isn't the central threme, but I'm so glad I gave this show a chance. It was captivating, kept me up all night when I had to go to work the next day. It's well written and extremely well acted. I can't remember not one bad performance. In fact, I became a huge fan of all three actors who played the 3 leading roles after watching this drama. I don't want to hype this up too much, but to me they were THAT good! Check it out and see what you think for yourself! :)

Queen of Ambition (2013) - Joo Da Hae (Soo Ae)
Mask (2015) - Byun Ji Suk / Seo Eun Ha (Soo Ae)
Empress Ki (2013) - Ki Empress / Ki Seung Nyang (Ha Ji Won)
Dong Yi (2010) -Dong Yi / Choi Suk Bin (Han Hyo Joo)
Lookout, it has three amazing women