Where the ML loves the FL, but she loves the SML. The SML loves her as well. The FL eventually falls for the ML and gets with him, but isn't over the SML. This causes problems.

Doesn't have to be historical. Looking for mainly j and k dramas.

Has happy ending where the ML and FL are together.

Scarlet Heart Ryeo is a lot like that....

Otps4Life:

Scarlet Heart Ryeo is a lot like that....

Wasn't the ending to that sad? I would like to see some happy endings where the ML and FL are together in the end.

These sort of fit (in most of these, like in SotD, it's a bit hard to say which character is the ML and which is the SML, apart from just saying the guy she ends up with is the ML):

• I Need Romance 3 (Korean) - just a heads up the SML is pretty lukewarm about his feelings (he's not over his ex) but the ML is one of my all time favourites; also the order of events here is a little bit different: the ML falls for the FL when they're kids, he moves abroad, as an adult she develops a crush on her boss at work but never realizes her feelings, the ML returns to Korea and they almost start dating until he reveals who he is, later on he helps her realize her feelings for her boss, she dates her boss while living with the ML (only in dramaland!) and obviously that creates some strain, in the end she realizes her feelings for the ML and gets with him
  • Dream High (Korean) - it takes her a LONG time to fall for the "ML"
  • The Imperial Doctress (Chinese historical) - it takes a LONG time for her and the "ML" to finally get *together*
  • Ms. Perfect (Korean) - rather than saying "but she loves the SML" I'd say she's still connected to him mainly because of their children / emotionally attached to him (still cares about him), but no longer really in love with him; also just a heads up: the romance is not the main focus of this drama

@AH - Seen them all except Ms. Perfect. Even though it's not the main focus, is there still a fair bit of it?

fearmeiamfree:

Wasn't the ending to that sad? I would like to see some happy endings where the ML and FL are together in the end.

Yes it was sad.....The love story is soooo worth it....I am one who hate tradegy,but I don't regret watching it.......

fearmeiamfree:

@AH - Seen them all except Ms. Perfect. Even though it's not the main focus, is there still a fair bit of it?

His feelings start almost from the beginning of the drama, and the romance is there throughout the drama. That was the only part that I was really interested in (I was watching the drama because I was going through all the dramas with that actor) so there was enough to keep me watching all the way through.

That said, I did skip some parts that didn't involve those two characters (some of the other characters are just crazy) and frustratingly, even though they end up together, they never get a proper kiss. It's the type of romance where the male character becomes a better person because of his feelings, and that character quickly becomes wonderfully supportive and is always there for the FL.