Hello everyone.  Thank you for taking time to help me out. 

So I need a Chinese Drama as I am studying Chinese at the moment. So far I have seen old "A Step into the Past"(9/10), "Queen in Hyun's Man"(9/10), Scarlet Heart(6/10), Gu Family Book(9/10), Princess Agents(Started and did not like the plot), Nobunaga Concerto(9/10), You Who Came From Stars(7/10), Faith(8/10). 

1) I don't mind politics, as long as there is some romance(although not too much romantic stuff, characters need some sanity and practical reasoning) involved. 

2) I don't want womanizers , men with concubines and etc. Also no big age-gap, more than 10 years is already starting to get pervert. 

3) Historical, Time Travel, Action and such dramas are preferred. But not sci-fi. I did not like the new Step into the Past, because of gadgets and stuff.

4) Nobunaga Concerto was actually brilliant, it would have been 10/10 if it took itself a bit more seriously in the middle. Old Step into the Past also could have been 10/10 if not for some things. 

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. 

Candle in the Tomb

Nirvana in Fire  - there's an emperor with his concubines but he is not the main character

Nirvana in Fire 2 - The sequal has it's own story, it doesn't require previous knowledge

Surgeons - this is a modern day drama but has great acting and sufficient romance

I second all of @Momoi's suggestions (all except Candle in the Tomb because I haven't seen it, but it is produced by the same production company that produced all the other dramas on her list along with Battle of Changsha, so I reckon it should be pretty good)

others: 

• Battle of Changsha (WWII, family-focused)
  • The First Half of My Life (modern, pre and post divorce)
  • Ode to Joy / Ode to Joy 2 (modern, focuses on lives of 5 different women in modern-day Shanghai)
  • My Huckleberry Friends (modern campus/youth but more serious/heartfelt than most campus/youth dramas)
 Momoi:

Candle in the Tomb

Nirvana in Fire  - there's an emperor with his concubines but he is not the main character

Nirvana in Fire 2 - The sequal has it's own story, it doesn't require previous knowledge

Surgeons - this is a modern day drama but has great acting and sufficient romance

Thank you very much for the reply. I thought of Nirvana in Fire in the past too, I just rejected it because the main female lead was 36 at that time. But as time passes, I am starting to get convinced that it is worth a try.  And yes, of course it's the male lead who matters, not others. 

Surgeons - I will check this out as well. Thanks.

krystalsoojungs:

I second all of @Momoi's suggestions (all except Candle in the Tomb because I haven't seen it, but it is produced by the same production company that produced all the other dramas on her list along with Battle of Changsha, so I reckon it should be pretty good)

others: 

• Battle of Changsha (WWII, family-focused)
  • The First Half of My Life (modern, pre and post divorce)
  • Ode to Joy / Ode to Joy 2 (modern, focuses on lives of 5 different women in modern-day Shanghai)
  • My Huckleberry Friends (modern campus/youth but more serious/heartfelt than most campus/youth dramas)

Thank you very much. 

I saw Battle of Changsha month ago here and thought about it. 

I would stay away from Ode to Joy though as the topic(modernity and everyday life) itself is not interesting to me. Medical Dramas are different as I love House M.D., western series and might give such drama a try. 

Also, even though My Huckleberry Friends is not historical, it seems interesting. I will consider it as well. 

P.S. Regarding Candle in the Tomb, I forgot it was mentioned by Momoi, it looks interesting as well. Thank you for interesting suggestions. 

I'm beyond mad. The only BL series airing right now is Boundary Crossing (which btw I ????so far) is there anything airing or coming?? HHHHHEEELLLP! Cuz What The Duck ended Advance Bravely ended Right or Wrong ended ????????????

cambrian period- i dont know if you will like it. it has romance tho but action too.

seven of me- chinese version of Kill me Heal me

if u want any non action dramas then i have alot! 

Eternal Love, Journey of the Flower, The Imperial Doctress, Nirvana in Fire,  Wu Xin: The Monster Killer 1 & 2, Noble Aspirations 1 &2, The Mystic Nine

The Starry Night, The Starry Sea 1(Current Day) & 2 (Historical)

Current Day Chinese: Love Me if You Dare, Boss & Me

Time Travel Must See K Dramas: Faith, Rooftop Prince and Nine: Nine Times Time Travel

Just finished Candle in the Tomb(2016)... It was awesome as a drama, except for the last episode. Also I wasn't impressed with the female lead. I didn't want stupid and childish romance, but this one had no romance...

Arkansas

You can give me some non-action dramas as well, but I love historical dramas in general.

Cat

Actually I have seen Faith, Rooftop Prince and Nine:Nine Times Time Travel.  Faith is much better than others, but Rooftop prince had some nice moments.

"Eternal Love" seems like too much fantasy. :(

Faith is one of my favorites also.

I liked Candle in the Tomb and the prequel: The Weasel Grave but I have not watched the sequels The Ghouls and Mu Ye Gui Shi.

The Lost Tomb (Parent Story) is another Chinese series about tomb raiders that you may like: Time Raiders (Movie), The Mystic Nine (Prequel) , The Mystic Nine Side Story: Flowers Bloom in February  (Sequel)