To complete the 2018 watch challenge I need a drama or movie adpated from a manhwa. I tried watching Scholar Who Walks the Night but I couldn't get past epi 2. Need help please!

1. ( ✔︎+1x2=2 ) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel.Yakou Kanransha
  2. ( ✔︎+1x2=2) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga. Mr. Nietzsche in the Convenience Store
  3. (✔︎+1x3=3 ) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manhwa. The Bridal Mask
  4. ( ✔︎+1x2=2) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manhua. Rakshasa Street (2017)
  5. (✔︎+1x2=2 ) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a webtoon. Dr. Frost

these are what i chose for that section

OldAnimeLady:
  1. ( ✔︎+1x2=2 ) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel.Yakou Kanransha
  2. ( ✔︎+1x2=2) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga. Mr. Nietzsche in the Convenience Store
  3. (✔︎+1x3=3 ) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manhwa. The Bridal Mask
  4. ( ✔︎+1x2=2) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manhua. Rakshasa Street (2017)
  5. (✔︎+1x2=2 ) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a webtoon. Dr. Frost

these are what i chose for that section

nerd ;p

bannie:

nerd ;p

Proud of it

OldAnimeLady:

Proud of it

lol so nerd ur on page 1 of the discussion. but wow im surprised someone already finished merciless. that person is a true warrior what 400 days watched 

https://mydramalist.com/profile/SandraJB lol well done 

i digress. good luck with manhwa i already ruled that category out. i tried some korean stuff for the sake of the challenge and it really wasnt to my taste at all.

korean stuff is a thing of the past for me. lol.

lol whats up with this banter?

I was gonna give the Bridal Mask a try but Ive hear more negative things about it than positive

✔️ Let's Fight Ghost 

✔️ Oh My Ghostess 

• Goong
  • Full House
  • Bel Ami (I didn't finish this one since I really don't liked the main lead)
  • Good Bye Mr. Black

And I'm planning to watch Iljimae for this part of the challenge

ShotaSidePart:

I was gonna give the Bridal Mask a try but Ive hear more negative things about it than positive

lol thats just me and bannie tossing pot shots ..

honestly I tried not to push my view on Bridal mask because I do not watch Korean, so I am not sure what is normal or expected....

I didn't like any of the leads which might have raised my opinion and made it more barable. I am sure whatsteve70 or  Fanitha  suggested would be better

ShotaSidePart:

Aw, but it's my favorite!  If you need positive things, I could give you that perspective! :D

But since I've already seen it (about a million times, even), I'm watching Kingdom of the Winds for that entry.  It's been pretty good.  It's not the most exciting watch, but it's decent.  (Although it's on the long side at 30-something eps, so be aware of that.)

I had also considered watching Iljimae (LJG version).

I absolutely do NOT recommend Goodbye Mr. Black.  Terrible directing and writing both.

Let's Fight Ghost is technically a web comic, not a manhwa.  Not sure how precise you want to be ;)

And Oh My Ghost(ess) is not an adaptation at all, as far as I can tell.

fanitha:
  • Goong
  • Full House
  • Bel Ami (I didn't finish this one since I really don't liked the main lead)
  • Good Bye Mr. Black

And I'm planning to watch Iljimae for this part of the challenge

From the ones I wrote I would strongly recommend Goong. It has great OST and great scenery. And also if you like contract marriage plotlines this one you should not miss. 

I don't care how many episodes a drama is I just want a good story with good acting and writing. I'm more into Japanese dramas anyway, as Korean dramas tend to be too fluffy for my taste.

Some of these recommdations don't seem all that bad but I'm not excited about them either :-/

ShotaSidePart:

I don't care how many episodes a drama is I just want a good story with good acting and writing. I'm more into Japanese dramas anyway, as Korean dramas tend to be too fluffy for my taste.

Some of these recommdations don't seem all that bad but I'm not excited about them either :-/

I can tell you that Bridal Mask is not fluffy.

Other options that I have never seen and therefore can't advise for or against watching, but are manhwa adaptations (maybe it can help others looking for help in this category - not all of these are tagged as manhwa adaptations here yet):

Ooooorrrrr, since you like jdramas better, did you know that there's at least one jdrama that's actually a manhwa adaptation?  Zeni no Senso.  

Her Lovely Heels- Only 10 epi and  each one 15 min long? SOLD! lol

This watch challenge is helping realize what I like and don't like

ShotaSidePart:

Her Lovely Heels- Only 10 epi and  each one 15 min long? SOLD! lol

This watch challenge is helping realize what I like and don't like

Please do let me know your opinion when you finish it since I have it in my PTW list!