Looking for a drama in which the main lead in actually quite smart and capable, but acts dumb or naive (for a reason or not), and surprises people with their abilities.

Also, if there is any drama specifically in which the lead is hiding their abilities to get revenge / out of mistrust (ex. trying to root out an evil head of company), that'd be neat.

Thanks!

I think Chief Kim fits perfectly your criteria. He doesnt really pretend hes dumb but hes very goofy and so everyone thinks he is less capable than he actually is (spoiler: he is the smartest of them all). And he uses his wit to fight against corupted CEO. I just finished watching it and it is great drama :)

My Husband Oh Jakdoo - He is a gayageum maker genius but after his grandfather death, he choose to live in the mountain with fake name and almost no one knows who is he. Even his wife.

If you are also watching Thailand Lakorn, I suggest you to watch 'Khun Mae Suam Roy' - Her twins is a mistress of chaebol, but Her twins got shot and became paralyze for two years. And not long, her husband is dead and leave a will for her to live in his Palace. She acted as her twins and investigate who is the one who shot her sister.  It'd be perfect drama for you :)

• Ouroburus - 1 of the main ML acts like a naive police officer that stumbles upon cases and solves it, but he is actually playing into a role for revenge
  • Healer - ML acts like a timid scaredy-cat
  • Pinocchio - ML acts like a dumb person
  • Secretly Greatly (movie) - ML acts like the village idiot
  • Siege of Fog - ML acts like a good for nothing spoiled heir
  • The Disguiser - ML acts like a spoiled brat

Sparrow - Male lead pretends to be a lazy skirt chaser to hide his skills and accomplish his spying mission.
Legend of Fu Yao - kinda? Male lead pretends to be weak and useless

✔️ Lookout... ML lawyer hides his identity to get revenge and pretends to be aliies with his enemy to get info and evidence