Hello everyone, I am a newbie looking for the classic kind of drama where innocent good girl falls for cool, "tsundere" type guy.. In my first drama i hit the jackpot with You're Beautiful. It wasn't perfect, sometimes cringe-worthy, but I enjoyed it. Based on everyone's recommendations I started Boys Over Flowers, and it was good through episodes 1-4, and got so boring I dropped it. Same happened with Secret Garden and Coffee Prince (that one was good until last 4 episodes).. Are there GOOD dramas with this kind of story? Something you cant stop watching and crave more? Girl perusing a guy? Major romance and more than just 1 kiss in 16 episodes? :D thanks!!!
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho may be something to consider. I don't know that I'd call it major romance, but there is a lot of romance and the story is good.
I don't know if you're gonna like these, but in MY opinion : You're Beautiful Secret Garden Rooftop Prince (even though I don't think HE's a bad guy, but he has too much self esteem) City Hunter (HE isn't that bad of a guy, but the others think he is) So, now sorry if you don't like these, but I realy think they are good. :)
StellarJ wrote: I don't know if you're gonna like these, but in MY opinion :
Secret Garden

So, now sorry if you don't like these, but I realy think they are good. :)

I started Secret Garden and the guy was perusing a girl, so that doesn't fit.
I enjoyed You're Beautiful though!
Try Autumns Concerto! :) This guy is so freaking cool, youll fall so hard for him. Beside the story is so interesting. Even if he appears like falling in love with her at first, hell get much more cooler and worser toward her later... Youll also might like Heartstrings. Lee Shin (played bei Jung Yonghwa) is sooooo cool in that drama. :) If youd like to watch a Japanese drama, watch Rich Man, Poor Woman. The girls falls so hard for him, but he is "too cool for her". Male lead played buy awesome Oguri Shun. :)
ahh sounds perfect! thanks!
I'm going to suggest a Jdrama for you! Tatta Hitotsu no Koi - Good girl falls for a cool guy and he doesn't suck!!! In fact he is one of my top favorite male lead because he so sexy and cool in my opinion!! It's a sweet romance drama :)
I can think of a couple that might be right up your alley:

Goong - The guy in this drama is kind of a jerk, though. It really took me a long time to see what the girl saw in him that made her hold on to him so much. Pursue might be a strong word for how she tried to hold onto him, but it's close enough I suppose :p

Playful Kiss - I didn't like this drama, Ha Ni was a ridiculously weak female character, and I just wanted to tell her to move on already. But she definitely is in hot pursuit of Baek Seung Jo the entire drama. It just depends on if you don't mind your females weak and insipid.

Personal Taste - Again, pursuing is a strong word for the relationship, but the girl in this drama at least recognizes her feelings and admits to them first in this drama. She is just hampered by the whole thinking Lee Min Ho is gay aspect :p

But I would like to second the My Girlfriend is a Gumiho recommendation it fits what you are looking for perfectly. Shin Min Ah plays a Gumiho who is set free by Lee Seung Gi's character and from the get go, she decides she wants to be around him and makes his life just a tad miserable in the beginning. It is hilarious and does have some really good romance in it. Easily one of my top 10 dramas :)

I would also like to throw Love Rain out there as a suggestion. It has Jang Geun Suk from You're Beautiful in it, and it is a really good drama. It starts with JGS pursuing Yoona's character, but the tables get turned and she ends up going after him.
Nodame Cantabile - Nodame does indeed pursue Chiaki, rather agressievely at times :D
winnie19 wrote: I'm going to suggest a Jdrama for you! Tatta Hitotsu no Koi - Good girl falls for a cool guy and he doesn't suck!!! In fact he is one of my top favorite male lead because he so sexy and cool in my opinion!! It's a sweet romance drama :)

Thanks! I didn't watch any Jdramas because i hear you are lucky if you get 1 kiss for the entire show, and that gets old really fast... I will give it a try
Thanks! I don't mind the leading lady being stupid, as long the leading male(s) is(are) hot and aloof. I watched anime Playful Kiss and it was awesome first half the season, so hopefully that's now the case with the drama...
Thanks! I did not dig the anime too much, but this might work
I am not sure of your age, so I hesitated on this one, but if it's good kisses you are after, I Need Romance 2 is a good one to go with. It's a love triangle, and the girl actively pursues one of the guys while the other guy pursues her. And it has some really great kiss scenes, though, the first couple episodes have some slightly dirty scenes. Nothing X rated, but PG-13 for sure :p

Also, this is not what you asked for, but in terms of great kiss scenes that happen more than once in an entire season, you should check out Queen In Hyun's Man. The BEST romance I have ever watched with some of the best, most realistic kisses I've ever seen :) The guy isn't aloof or a jerk, just smart and strong. AND, the lead girl initiates the first kiss and gets teased for several episodes about it :p
I think you should continue watching Coffee Prince!! I also thought about dropping it after the first two episodes, but as soon as they fell in love with each other, I couldn't stop watching!!! And I love it!! I have already watched more than a hundred dramas, but only 3 got the score 10 on my list. And they were Hana yori dango, Ikemen desu ne and Coffee Prince :)