I just finished Eternal love and I think that it was amazing. I searched for something similar and the two that grabbed my attention was Ashes of love and The Legend of Fu Yao

Which one do you think is the best ?

Thank you in advance!

Ashes of Love because it is TRULY AMAZING but Fuyao is really good too :))

I have the opposite question:

If I disliked Eternal Love, is Ashes of Love worth watching?  I'm hesitating to watch it because I'm worried they might be similar, but I don't want to let one drama ruin the xianxia genre for me.

I'm ok with fantasy settings, but I disliked nearly all of the characters in Eternal Love.  I thought Ye Hua was stupid, I didn't like the way he treated Bai Qian, and I thought their lack of communication was annoying.  I disliked Bai Qian because she held grudges for things that were her own fault.  I thought the villains were 1-dimensional and didn't have believable motives.  Does Ashes of Love have similarly annoying characters, or does it have better characters?

I've watched four C-dramas so far, and I liked the other three (Nirvana in Fire, Scarlet Heart, and Journey to the West).

Ashes of Love of course!!!

mjf314:

If I disliked Eternal Love, is Ashes of Love worth watching?  I'm hesitating to watch it because I'm worried they might be similar, but I don't want to let one drama ruin the xianxia genre for me.

I'm ok with fantasy settings, but I disliked nearly all of the characters in Eternal Love.  I thought Ye Hua was stupid, I didn't like the way he treated Bai Qian, and I thought their lack of communication was annoying.  I disliked Bai Qian because she held grudges for things that were her own fault.  I thought the villains were 1-dimensional and didn't have believable motives.  Does Ashes of Love have similarly annoying characters, or does it have better characters?

I've watched four C-dramas so far, and I liked the other three (Nirvana in Fire, Scarlet Heart, and Journey to the West).

I can't gurantee it for you because some of my friends really love it, and some find this boring. But still, I prefer Ashes of Love more than Eternal Love. Ashes of Love got more "romance" than Eternal Love, which dig me up. Lack of communication has always been the main problem for almost all couples in drama (and sometimes it's so annoying that it got into our nerves), but in the case of AOL, that doesn't really bother me.

Talking about other factors, I'm really into the characters' backstory which led to their current character (main or side, protagonists or villain) which I think they explained very well. Nice balance between comedy, romance, action and fantasy. And also the CG, the best I've ever seen in Chinese Xianxia dramas. Costume, props, etc, no complain about it (personal preference). 

So I'll still recommend AOL for you since I think it's the best Xianxias in 2018 :D Hope you enjoy it

Both Legend of Fu Yao and Ashes of Love became my favorite dramas after watching them! Between the two, I believe the leads in Ashes of Love had more chemistry though! Their love story was better than the romance in Legend of Fu Yao! I did like the action in Fu Yao better though, and the main female lead is a lot stronger in Legend of Fu Yao, but Ashes of Love was good too!

AmyLovesDramas:

Both Legend of Fu Yao and Ashes of Love became my favorite dramas after watching them! Between the two, I believe the leads in Ashes of Love had more chemistry though! Their love story was better than the romance in Legend of Fu Yao! I did like the action in Fu Yao better though, and the main female lead is a lot stronger in Legend of Fu Yao, but Ashes of Love was good too!

this said absolutely nothing about the two, you should really elaborate more on other things....

ashes of love all the way

Ashes of Loooooove!!!!! <3333

mjf314:

You should watch legend of funyao then.  Have you seen General and I? Pretty good. You might like that. 

@nylecoj: Thanks for response.

@Vietgal505: Is Legend of Fuyao very different from Eternal Love?  I was planning to avoid it because of Yang Mi.  No, I haven't seen General and I.

I think it’s a little bit different. I liked legend of fuyao more and I think the main leads have better chemistry and communications.  Also the male lead is a lot of fun and talkive. If u don’t like eternal love then don’t  watch Ashes of love, it’s very similar (too similar). General and I, I think it’s good it’s more of war and kingdom. ( if you prefer that more than fantasy). What kind of drama are you into or looking for? 

So far my favorite C-dramas are Nirvana in Fire and Scarlet Heart, because of the intelligent characters and well-written stories, but I posted in this thread because I'm wondering if there are any fantasy or xianxia dramas that I might like.

I like Journey to the West, a fantasy drama from the 80s, but I doubt any modern C-dramas are similar to it.  I also like fantasy movies, for example some of my favorites are Green Snake, A Chinese Odyssey, and a Chinese Ghost Story.  They're from the 80s and 90s, so I'm not sure if any modern dramas would be similar to them.

I just watched the trailer for General and I, but it's hard to tell if I would like it.  I guess I'd have to watch a few episodes to be sure.

I haven't watched many Chinese dramas and from the ones I have watched I don't think you will like any of them (maybe Bloody Romance), but I would recommend some movies (that you have probably watched, but still I will give it a shot):

House of flying daggers 

Hero 

Curse of the golden flower

Crouching tiger, hiden dragon

Fearless

mjf314:

So far my favorite C-dramas are Nirvana in Fire and Scarlet Heart, because of the intelligent characters and well-written stories, but I posted in this thread because I'm wondering if there are any fantasy or xianxia dramas that I might like.

I like Journey to the West, a fantasy drama from the 80s, but I doubt any modern C-dramas are similar to it.  I also like fantasy movies, for example some of my favorites are Green Snake, A Chinese Odyssey, and a Chinese Ghost Story.  They're from the 80s and 90s, so I'm not sure if any modern dramas would be similar to them.

I just watched the trailer for General and I, but it's hard to tell if I would like it.  I guess I'd have to watch a few episodes to be sure.