I want to collect some drama titles (no films, only dramas) which are about yakuza at some point. It can be any genre (but I guess most will be crime, lol). I already know about Gokusen. I'm looking for something more. I have an impression that there's not that much but I can be wrong. I'm pretty familiar with films and there's so many about yakuza. So well, I want to explore yakuza in dramaland. Of course, it should be exactly yakuza, nothing like in Bloody Monday. I hope I made my point clear ;) So I hope you'll help with this. Cheers :)
My boss, my hero : funny and light drama. But I would suggest another one, which really stroke me when I watch it two years ago. One of the best drama i've seen : Ninkyo Helper. Serious issues, but excellent. Don't be fooled by the plot, it's not another crazy one.
The Yakuza Girl / Sailor Suit and Machine Gun j-drama
My Boss, My hero Ninkyo Helper
My Boss, My Hero is a good one.
Guys, you're amazing! Thank you so much. And it makes me also pretty sure that yakuza stopped to be so popular subject. I don't know how about older dramas. I need to make a research about it.
MY Boss my hero it's bloody ,crime ,really really Yakusa lol
Try Tiger and Dragon (mydramalist.com/japanese-drama/554/tiger-dragon) :D