Hey everyone :) I realize that this is a very open question, but I'm really drifting at the moment. I have no idea what to watch, and nothing really catches my interest. I've been watching a lot of Turkish shows, actually (Erkenci Kus/Early Bird, most of all, though I've also been trying to get into Kiralik Ask), but even those are getting tiresome. 

Does anyone have a good romance show to recommend? I don't mind weird side plots, unnecessary side characters, or all that. But I'd love a romance based on respect and understanding, people who get each other like nobody else gets them. As long as the chemistry between the leads is right, I don't really care about anything else. 

I'd especially love a workplace romance, or possibly a friends to lovers thing, or something taking place in showbusiness, but those are only ideas. 

Does anyone have anything to recommend? (bonus points if it's available in good quality)

Have you seen Romance is a Bonus Book?

I have actually, and I loved it so much! I was so sad when it ended, it's just perfect (can only recommend if anyone looks at this and hasn't seen it).

Also seen that, it was really cute :) thought you're right, I could rewatch it or watch the thai version

I enjoyed the Thai version too...

that's good to know, i'll check it out :) thank you!

You are very welcome! 

In no particular order: 

• Go Go Squid - I actually watched a lot of the episodes without subs and with subs because II was too impatient. It's such a cute and fun romance. Don't expect any hot kisses or anything but it is a great romance
  • Well Intended love - I have actually watched this about 3 times! Love it!!! :-) It is available on Netlix. I don't think it's on viki. If you don't have netflix maybe try youtube
  • Meteor Garden (2018) - Watched it about umm 5 times.  Yep, it's that good. emotional rollercoaster but its soooooooo good.
  • Eternal love - loved it!!! strong female lead
  • 1% of something - awesome series. lots of romance. Definitely one of my top romance shows for sure.
  • Heirs - just recently finished this. I know there are a lot of negative reviews about it. But I love the fact that the male lead is strong in his conviction about the female lead. It's a high school setting type of series. Male lead is definitely not a p***y like his  older brother. lol

Those are some good ones to get you started. Start with well intended love because it sounds like you are in a romance slump and need a great show with some real kisses not that fake crap that we are so used to seeing but still love lol

• The greatest love
  • Pride
  • Buzzer Beat
  • Healer
  • Kill me Heal me
  • The moon embracing the sun
  • Fight for my way
  • We married a s ajob
  • Boku unmei no hito desu
  • What's wrong with Secretary Kim

- Doctors ( Korean drama)

- Buzzer Beat 

- Long Vacation 

- Lunch queen 

- Good Luck 

- Autumn's Concerto (Taiwanese drama)

- Mars (Taiwanese drama)

Both BL dramas best friends to Lovers 

1. Theory of Love

2. Together With me : The Series

omg thank you so much everyone! I've seen a lot of these, i see some of my favorites on this list (like buzzer beat, together with me and the greatest love, to name three) but there's a surprising amount that i have not yet seen, i'll definitely check them out. Seriously, thank you :)

If you're searching for a friends to lovers drama, I'd recommend  'My First First Love'. I just finished binging it. Not exactly a plot that I've never seen before, but certainly very cute! I saw that you still plan on watching the Reply series. I'd totally recommend them, they are hilarious and my favorite friends to lovers themed series! I especially liked 'Reply 1997' and 'Reply 1988'.

If you're open to the fantasy genre, I'd recommend 'A Korean Odyssey'. It focuses on an ambiguous fated connection between the protagonists and it has a lot of twists! It is sometimes compared to 'Goblin' which I can understand, but it has a very different take on the heaven and earth theme. I found the plot to be very original and exciting, even if the special effects were pretty bad.