Hey guys! 

I know this is not Asian drama related, and that's what MDL is all about... But, I would love it if any of you could recommend me some Japanese animes? 

I haven't watched an anime in a LONG time and I really want to get into them again. But I haven't really got around any new good anime. 

Hence, please recommend me some good animes! They can be recent or a bit older-- but they should be completely aired. 

Genre doesn't matter, really... As long as they're pretty good! Plus, I don't have a problem with Yaoi animes so you can recommend them too if you want :)

am new into animes i started watching last month so i will tell u the ones i have watched and i really liked it so here they are:

1. say i love u 

2. inu x boku ss

3. fairy and earl 

just these for now going to start ( *ao haru ride* ) but dont know if its good or not :)

I just started getting back into anime this year as well after a loooong hiatus. I finished Violet Evergarden on Netflix and it was fantastic. Mob Psycho 100 is also incredible.

Erased also on Netflix Anime and Live action versions (Boku dake ga Inai Machi)

so something more uncommon and maybe more mature:

when it comes to romance anime I would recommend you => Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. 
It is about a high school group that deal with paranormal things. However what only 2 of those members know is that there is a real ghost in their school.
It is a wonderful anime, with laughter, with romance that makes you get all fluffy and cheery, and sad topics. Highly recommend you this one.
=> 11 episodes

Another master gem is Zetsuen no Tempest. 
It is loosely based on Shakespeare's Hamlet and The Tempest. It deals about 2male friends that try to find out why a girl they are both very close to had to die. On the course of figuring out the truth their meet another girl and lots of paranormal activity.
It has some pretty deep topics, a variety of literature references and some pretty great action scenes. But it is a tragedy so you can guess where it will go. Still great anime, highly recommend it.
=> 24 episodes

Another one is Kara no Kyoukai
This one is made out of 7 movies, however an 8th one exists as well that continues the story. Anyway so this one is highly philosophical and psychological. The animation is top notch, as in out of this world amazing. The story as well  + great action scenes. And a wonderful pair. However if you do not enough psychological anime it might not be something for you, if you do however then you will absolutely love it.
=> 7 movies (8 if you count in the sequel)

From the same studio but with a slight different topic comes Fate/Zero. Fate Zero is like Game of thrones just in anime version without the sexual scenes. It is a battle of mastery and their summoned servants in order to gain the holy grail. It is a master piece of master pieces. However the beginning is slightly heavy with input/content on explaining the whole story. This is the case because the anime itself is build in a whole gigantic universe of anime-series. They are all to some extent connected but one does not need to watch the others in order to start Fate/Zero. Anyway if you enjoy action - mystery- supernatural - also a little romance you are right here ;)
=> 12 episodes season 1, 12 episodes season 2

One that I personally enjoyed a lot too is Kiznaiver. It deals about 7 high school people and their connection with each other due to pain. Its quite well done.
=> 12 episodes

And last but not least: Violet Evergarden. This is an absolutely beautifully made anime. However you might need tissues for it. It deals about a girl that used to be in the army before and basically was a killer machine. Now after the war is over she tries to find out about emotions and learn about what it means to love someone. Its well done, sadly horrible off when it comes to the original source but for a stand alone anime it is a nice watch ;) give it a try
=> 12 episodes + 2 extra special and apparently a sequel movie will air in january next year 

X1999 - heaven and earth dragon fight each other. One group want to save the human race and the other wants to save the world by erasing the human race. All members get entangled to each other so that it becomes a very emotional fight full of doubts and tears.

It is my all time favorite

Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru a.k.a. Run with the Wind - sports, slice of life

Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju - drama

SSSS.Gridman - sci-fi, action, mystery

Hataraku Saibou a.k.a. Cells at Work - comedy

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun - comedy