Heyo~ So I am looking for some sort of Korean drama that has the male lead with some sort of adoption or abandonment etc. If possible I want it to be a major part of the story and not just briefly touched upon.  Also their has to be some sort of reunion between the character and a family member at some point or finding out their adopted.

For example in Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo the male leads mother returns and it negatively affects him etc. There was also a brief story in Sweet Revenge 2, but that left me incredibly disappointed.  

I would prefer if this is a teen drama / college etc. But also love adults etc.

Side Note: If you have any suggestions about cold male leads with dark pasts, I am also up for that too.

I put the spoiler tag on since you don't find out until much later in those two dramas.

Im interested in this topic and definitely want to see what others suggest.

The Tale of Nok Du  Is the only one I can think of that fits.Nok Du' family is attacked, and he disguises himself as a young widow to figure out why. He then goes on to find out the secrets around his birth.

Come and Hug me  The male lead has a really dark past. His father killed the parents of the girl he is in love with when they are preteens. After some years he becomes a police officer and they are reunited, but the female lead is being terrorized by his father. If I remember correctly he actually is adopted or at least taken in by a family. 

Moon River:Scarlet Heart Ryeo the male lead is sent off to another family because of a scar on his face. The drama doesn't focus on his past growing up in another family where he was abuse, but the alludes to it. It mainly about everything that happens after he comes back to his rightful spot as a prince. This is one of me favorite dramas and contains my OTP IU and Lee Joon Ki.

I think Gu Family Book could count. The ML is abandoned and his parents are supposedly dead. In the second half of the story the ML has to deal with his now reincarnated demon father and shady japanese merchant mother. Its not the main focus of the story but an important plot line that takes up quite a few episodes.

• Scandal : a wrongful and shocking incident
  • City Hunter
  • East of Eden
  • I am sorry I love You
  • Jackpot - though this is not really a good drama

Maybe

• The Devil / Maou
  • Heartless City
  • Healer
  • Golden Pouch
  • A Hundred Years Inheritance

Hmm I can think of a few where the ML grew up with one parent, but with both gone.... hmmm maybe Are You Human Too?  Not exactly the male lead, but sort of is, guess it's complicated, it does focus on parental abandonment a lot though

Ugly Alert has such a heartbreakingly lonely, soft-hearted character who takes the blame for a murder done by his sibling.  When he is finally released from prison, he tries to get close to his family but they want none of him. 

My Father is Strange is another one.  I haven't seen it but I know that Lee Joon plays an actor who was abandoned by his family but later reconnected with them.