The MDL Exploration Challenge

When it comes to MDL I often don't use anything outside of my profile, the feeds and the search page. As a result, I made this challenge themed around MDL and exploring MDL as much as possible whilst finding new dramas. A few people I know liked it and wanted me to post it here so here I am posting it. 

This was heavily inspired by the Drama Discovery Challenge - be sure to check it out!

Rules:

• The aim is to complete levels 1-4. Level 5 is optional fun!
  • This challenge does not have to be done in order.
  • There is no time limit.
  • You must complete your chosen show for each category.
  • Unless it is specifically specified you have to watch a certain type of show you can watch anything that is on the MDL database for each category.
  • If there are categories you feel you would not enjoy/can’t do you can skip them. Make it fun for you! 
  • Optional rule: Don't use MDL's search feature to locate any show you watch.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask! Have fun!

The Challenge: 

(Copy and paste this form into your reply and edit accordingly.)

Start Date: 

End Date: 

1. The Basics (0/5):

2. The MDL Database (0/10):

3. The MDL Community (0/11) 

4. Your MDL Account (0/10)

• Watch something that began airing in the same year you made your MDL account → 
  • Watch something that began airing in the same month you made your MDL account → 
  • Watch something that contains a genre on your stats page → (your profile > stats)
  • Watch something that includes a tag on your stats page → (your profile > stats)
  • Watch something with a title that begins with a letter in your username → 
  • Watch something starring the actor in your profile picture/on your profile → 
  • Watch something with a title that contains a number found in your profile statistics → (ie. 461d 20h 24m = Kinds of House or The Four)
  • Watch something by a most watched director/screenwriter in your last yearly wrap up → (your profile > year)
  • Watch something you found using the “Recommended For You” page → (top bar > your icon > personalized recommendations)
  • Watch something completed by a user seen in the “Friends” box on your profile → 

5. Extra Challenges (0/9):

• Watch something that began airing in the same year MDL was made (2011) → 
  • Watch something that began airing in the same month MDL was made (April) → 
  • Watch something that you found on Ji-N/Skye-N-Rain’s drama list → 
  • Watch something that has the word star in the title(you can use something like “Start-Up” if wanted)
  • Watch something that has flowers in the poster → 
  • Watch something featured in a video on the official MDL YouTube channel → 
  • Watch something that is rated 7 or above → 
  • Watch something you found on the MDL calendar → 
  • Watch something containing a tag/genre of the last drama you watched → 

*Small note: If there are any things you cannot do in section 4 "Your MDL Account" due to your account not having the requirement but still want to participate you can use another user’s profile as a reference instead of your own.

Start date: June 2024
Last Update: June 2024
Finish date: N/A
Progress: 0/45

Colour notes: Plan to watch, Currently watching, Completed.   

1. The Basics (0/5):

• Watch something that began airing in the same year you made your MDL account → 
  • Watch something that began airing in the same month you made your MDL account → 
  • Watch something that contains a genre on your stats page → (your profile > stats)
  • Watch something that includes a tag on your stats page → (your profile > stats)
  • Watch something with a title that begins with a letter in your username → 
  • Watch something with a title that contains a number found in your profile statistics → (ie. 461d 20h 24m = Kinds of House or The Four)
  • Watch something by a most watched director/screenwriter in your last yearly wrap up → (your profile > year)
  • Watch something you found using the “Recommended For You” page → (top bar > your icon > personalized recommendations)
  • Watch something completed by a user seen in the “Friends” box on your profile → 

• Watch something that has the word star in the title(you can use something like “Start-Up” if wanted)

I guess I gotta do my own challenge huh... I won't be using MDL's search feature.

Start date: 22nd June, 2024
Finish date: 
Progress: 0/45
Colour notes:
 Completed, Currently watching, Plan to watch
Other notes: +S (seasons), +M (movies), +SP (specials) 

1. The Basics (0/5):

• Watch something that began airing in the same year you made your MDL account →  (2012)
  • Watch something that began airing in the same month you made your MDL account → Derailment (December) (found via: lists > this list)
  • Watch something that contains a genre on your stats page → 
  • Watch something that includes a tag on your stats page → 
  • Watch something with a title that begins with a letter in your username → (zalcu)
  • Watch something with a title that contains a number found in your profile statistics → 
  • Watch something by a most watched director/screenwriter in your last yearly wrap up → 
  • Watch something you found using the “Recommended For You” page →

• Watch something that has the word star in the title