I'm looking for an Asian drama where the female lead is an ordinary / typical lady romanced by an ordinary guy. I would rather not have a story about chaebols or geniuses or crazies. hehehe. I'm thinking of romance along the lines of Bubujingxin (we really didn't know anything about Ruo Xi's backstory, did we?) or Alone in Love (just a normal person dealing with past pain) or Nagareboshi (an ordinary heroine in a difficult situation). I'd love a romantic comedy, but if it goes a bit into melo territory, it's fine too. I welcome any suggestions. But if you are suggesting a long family drama, please let me know: 1) how annoying are the other characters/couples, and 2) how much is the screentime for my OTP? Thank you!
9 End 2 Outs - Both ordinary people, they aren't rich, geniuses or crazy. They're childhood friends that end up falling in love with each other. Robber - Didn't particularly like this one, but they're kind of ordinary people, with the exception that the dude is, well, a "robber". There's also Reply 1997 that you've already watched. Can't really think of anything else.
thank you for the help! I didn't realize I haven't entered 9E2O in my list. I've seen it and enjoyed it during its run. Yeah, that's the kind of ordinariness I am looking for. ^^
sa_ludzie_i_parapety wrote: Arifureta Kiseki, Thank You, My Precious You , Punch

ahh!! thank you very much! I've not seen any of these, but the synopses sound right up my alley. yay! And in "My Precious You," how much screentime does uri Song Joong Ki get?
Paquito-D9 wrote: Robber - Didn't particularly like this one, but they're kind of ordinary people, with the exception that the dude is, well, a "robber".

I've seen, and dropped, Robber. I like Lee Da Hae and Jang Hyuk. For some reason, I stopped after an episode, and couldn't get back on it. Maybe I'll give it another try, if I can get past his "criminal" behavior.
I recommend Pride. It' a beautiful love story about two lonely people.
Pride, the Japanese drama with Kimutaku? I've seen that one and I love it. I have a copy so I watch it again sometimes. Thanks though.
I recommend Ojakgyo Brothers. It's about 4 brothers and their individual & collective family life. Just ordinary people trying to survive. I particularly liked the stories of Tæ Sik, the eldest brother & Tæ-Hee, the second to last brother.
Some stuff I'd like to recommend you is already on your completed list, like Friends 2002, Buzzer Beat, etc. I'd love to recommend: - Love Generation - The Vineyard Man - The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry - Long Vacation
cantiara wrote: Some stuff I'd like to recommend you is already on your completed list, like Friends 2002, Buzzer Beat, etc.

I'd love to recommend:
- Love Generation
- The Vineyard Man
- The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry
- Long Vacation

Yay, thanks! I tried Vineyard Man, but stopped middle of 1st episode. I need to find a good streaming site for it. Same with Japanese dramas, especially the older ones.

PrettyCarEye wrote: I recommend Ojakgyo Brothers. It's about 4 brothers and their individual & collective family life. Just ordinary people trying to survive. I particularly liked the stories of Tæ Sik, the eldest brother & Tæ-Hee, the second to last brother.

Oooh, I really enjoyed OB! I loved those stories of TaeSik and TaeHee as well. UEE really endeared herself to me with this role.
I'd recommend: Love Shuffle Rebound Rich Man Poor Woman Saikou no Rikon Sapuri Zenkai Girl Tatta hitotsu no koi
GreenApple wrote: A Gentleman's Dignity, Orange Days, and Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu

Thanks for the recs. Compared to the main OTP's romance, how annoying are the other couples in Orange Days and Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu? Does the annoyance factor have a major effect? I tried AGD, and I really disliked the main guy. I guess I was looking for heroes that less passive-aggresive. I love me some Gu Jun Pyo/Domyouji once in a while, but recently, I want some stories of ordinary nice guys getting the ordinary nice girls.

I do have quite a list here. Thank you all! ^_^

If you have more, I'm sure it would also be helpful to others looking for the same thing as I.
twinklelie wrote: I'd recommend:
Love Shuffle
Rebound
Rich Man Poor Woman
Saikou no Rikon
Sapuri
Zenkai Girl
Tatta hitotsu no koi

Thank you! Out of all these, which do you think has the most ordinary couple? Which one has the sweetest romance?
QueenJi wrote: Thank you! Out of all these, which do you think has the most ordinary couple? Which one has the sweetest romance?

Sapuri and Saikou no Rikon, I'd say
Love Tatta, the romance is really sweet and simple ^^ the girl is rich, but she's really down to earth, and doesn't look down on people. She's normal ahaha
Love Shuffle is a bit out of ordinary ahaha