QueenJi wrote: Thanks for the recs. Compared to the main OTP's romance, how annoying are the other couples in Orange Days and Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu? Does the annoyance factor have a major effect? I tried AGD, and I really disliked the main guy. I guess I was looking for heroes that less passive-aggresive. I love me some Gu Jun Pyo/Domyouji once in a while, but recently, I want some stories of ordinary nice guys getting the ordinary nice girls.

In Orange Days the secondary romances help add a little comedy but don't take away any of the spotlight. In Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu the supporting characters are a lot more prominent. It concentrates more on the whole group rather than just one individuals story. So in all honesty I did get annoyed a little at one character but the drama as a whole was still well done. With AGD I actually loved the main guys character. It was refreshing to have a male with a little backbone who is willing to walk away.

Bara no nai Hanaya has a lot more melodrama involved but still features an ordinary male lead.
Have u watched Coffee Prince, Playfull kiss, personal taste, pasta and Oh my lady? These are all REALLY good RomComs! I love them all because they refreshing and sooo hilarious! U will wanna watch every episode. It captures u and doesn't disappoint at all. And noo crying. Hihi :D Coffee Prince was REALLY good. Though the guy owns a coffee shop. His grandmom is rich but she doesn't interfere in the story. Until one episode but it gets clear fast.
twinklelie wrote: Sapuri and Saikou no Rikon, I'd say
Love Tatta, the romance is really sweet and simple ^^ the girl is rich, but she's really down to earth, and doesn't look down on people. She's normal ahaha
Love Shuffle is a bit out of ordinary ahaha

Thanks! I was going to check out Tatta. It seems promising. I just need to find good streaming of that drama.

GreenApple wrote: In Orange Days the secondary romances help add a little comedy but don't take away any of the spotlight. In Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu the supporting characters are a lot more prominent. It concentrates more on the whole group rather than just one individuals story. So in all honesty I did get annoyed a little at one character but the drama as a whole was still well done. With AGD I actually loved the main guys character. It was refreshing to have a male with a little backbone who is willing to walk away.

Bara no nai Hanaya has a lot more melodrama involved but still features an ordinary male lead.

Thanks for the reply! My first impression on the guys on AGD were that they were man-boys, and I really didn't want to watch another one of those dramas. Although I realize the writer created Secret Garden, which I found highly addicting even if the hero is totally the opposite of what I'm looking for. Anyway, I really really love Nagareboshi, and that's the kind of hero I am looking for. Someone really strong and mature.

Drama4lover wrote: Have u watched Coffee Prince, Playfull kiss, personal taste, pasta and Oh my lady?
These are all REALLY good RomComs! I love them all because they refreshing and sooo hilarious! U will wanna watch every episode. It captures u and doesn't disappoint at all. And noo crying. Hihi :D

Coffee Prince was REALLY good. Though the guy owns a coffee shop. His grandmom is rich but she doesn't interfere in the story. Until one episode but it gets clear fast.

I've seen them all except Pasta and Oh my lady. Coffee Prince is a gem! I'm not sure about OML. It has noona romance right? I'm all noona-romanced out recently. hehehe.
QueenJi wrote:
Thanks for the reply! My first impression on the guys on AGD were that they were man-boys, and I really didn't want to watch another one of those dramas. Although I realize the writer created Secret Garden, which I found highly addicting even if the hero is totally the opposite of what I'm looking for. Anyway, I really really love Nagareboshi, and that's the kind of hero I am looking for. Someone really strong and mature.

I am a firm believer that all men are just large boys, some are just better at hiding it. One of the first dramas I thought of when looking at what you wanted was actually Nagareboshi. I think the closest drama to that one is Bara no nai Hanaya. The male leads are very similar, ie will do anything for their family but lack some of the flair that some viewers love (eye candy). Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.
Oh by the way, I second Orange Days. This is a very good drama, you won't regret it :)
cantiara wrote: Oh by the way, I second Orange Days. This is a very good drama, you won't regret it :)

Where do you guys watch J-dramas? Sadly, Japanese dramas are a bit harder for me to find. But I'll definitely look for this. Thanks!

GreenApple wrote: I am a firm believer that all men are just large boys, some are just better at hiding it. One of the first dramas I thought of when looking at what you wanted was actually Nagareboshi. I think the closest drama to that one is Bara no nai Hanaya. The male leads are very similar, ie will do anything for their family but lack some of the flair that some viewers love (eye candy). Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.

Ah, you hit the nail on the head. I was looking for a drama sorta like Nagareboshi but maybe a little less on the melo. I thought Kengo was incredibly sexy in his mature manliness. Takeuchi Yuko is in BnnH? If I can find it, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

prettytin wrote: Soulmate

Thanks for the rec, but I've seen Soulmate. And yeah, that's another goodie!
QueenJi wrote: Where do you guys watch J-dramas? Sadly, Japanese dramas are a bit harder for me to find. But I'll definitely look for this. Thanks!

I download them. I don't like streaming. But there is also a good streaming site. I'll send you a PM.
Twinklelie, thank you for suggesting Tatta Hitotsu no Koi! I finished it and liked it very much! That love story is so sweet. Also the funny thing is I'm getting the "everywoman romance" vibe from watching We Got Married Season 4 from the Jinwoon-Junhee couple. ahaahahhaa. I love it. I don't follow all couples ever on WGM. There were couples that I just watched bits and pieces of. But of all, my favorites were the AlShin, Brave couple, Yoonji-Kangin couple and now Jin-hee couple. We have a Filipino word that applies perfectly: kilig!