Empresses in the palace

Legend of Luzhen

Jung yi

Queen for seven days (korean)

Cruel romance

Jang ok jang

Jewel in the palace

Vera :
I did watch the first ep of nirvana in fire but yes it was confusing haha, but if only the first 5 eps are confusing and after that it gets less confusing, then i will check it out :) it does look epic after all and EVERYONE loves it so it must have done something right :) 

Indeed, early episodes of NiF are confusing. I loved it since the first episode, first minute even but I understand that some people need time to get used to plot or characters. Just make sure you don't skip anything, even scenes where they drink tea or talk to some random person.

It's my number 1 one show and all of the praises it gets are deserved. It used to be the only drama I rated 10/10 for a very, very long time.

mengosteen:

Indeed, early episodes of NiF are confusing. I loved it since the first episode, first minute even but I understand that some people need time to get used to plot or characters. Just make sure you don't skip anything, even scenes where they drink tea or talk to some random person.

It's my number 1 one show and all of the praises it gets are deserved. It used to be the only drama I rated 10/10 for a very, very long time.

Gosh now I really have to watch it!! :) I make sure not to skip anything, thanks! :) 

I'm not surprised its your number 1 drama, it seems like that for many :) I'll watch NiF and I will stay fully focused since I guess thats a must to be able to keep up ^^ 

Vera :

Gosh now I really have to watch it!! :) I make sure not to skip anything, thanks! :) 

I'm not surprised its your number 1 drama, it seems like that for many :) I'll watch NiF and I will stay fully focused since I guess thats a must to be able to keep up ^^ 

Honestly don't feel bad if you can't get into it. I've been watching Chinese dramas for a while now and it still took me over ten episodes to start enjoying it. I know many people who it just doesn't click with and that's totally okay. Especially for your first historical, you might want to try something less politically heavy. 

I forgot to mention before Goodbye My Princess. It's a really beautiful story, I highly recommend it!

looktothestars:

Honestly don't feel bad if you can't get into it. I've been watching Chinese dramas for a while now and it still took me over ten episodes to start enjoying it. I know many people who it just doesn't click with and that's totally okay. Especially for your first historical, you might want to try something less politically heavy. 

I forgot to mention before Goodbye My Princess. It's a really beautiful story, I highly recommend it!

Thank you, I hope I can get into my first chinese historical drama... I will give it a chance and I won't drop it even if the first 10 episodes or so aren't that interesting because after that it might get very interesting. :) I really hope i can click with chinese historical dramas because their history is sure very fascinating! You are right, my first historical chinese drama should be less political (politics is hard for me to understand lol) and after i watched a few historical chinese dramas that arent too much politics I will try a chinese historical drama that is much more politics heavy,because i have heard so many good things about those chinese historical dramas that are politics heavy :) 

Goodbye my princess looks interesting and beautiful indeed:) thanks for the recommendation !! :) 

Thousand_Paper_Cranes:

Story of Ming Lan, I feel might work... might be quite long for a first time, takes some time to warm up too... but its worth it :) x

My ultimate fav

anteaq:
The Rise of Phoenixes

+1

this drama is the reason I'm fully stocked in Asian dramas )))) It was my first drama and I was sooo amazed, after it I never saw historical Cdrama as good as it was. 

really great decent high quality drama, great acting, cinematography, visuals, complex characters, interesting story.

interesting ML - strong, kind of anti hero sometimes (he has his dark sides) very very smart and tactical, also very smart strong FL who never is shadowed by strong-clever ML (which is really rare especially in historical dramas). 

there are few great historical dramas (Mr. Sunshine, Arthdal Chronicles and My Country) but I can't remember Chinese drama equal to it. It has every element of good historical drama, I mean good elements which  you may see in other dramas too, some of them here some of theme there... but you will see also bad elements too in other dramas, primitivnes, weak characters and chliches, but this drama is kind of complication of everything good what asian historical dramas can offer