I've recently become ok with watching other drama besides k and J but before i wouldn't even touch them. I know there have been many drama that sounded like my type that i rejected in the past and others that i didnt even look at. Since I'm in a slump any way i figured the best bet would be to try some Taiwanese, hong Kong, or chinese drama. Still not ok with Tai or Vietnamese. So please take a look at my list and suggest some titles for me. Or here is my basic drama preferences Something with an age gap is always preferred, No melodrama, just comedies, not a lot of sex(infact none is preferred), I'll watch something with a lot of pretty boys but i rather not. Cute girls are always welcomed:) No sports or martial arts, no historical settings, nothing to do with the occult. Got to be a comody romance and no sad enddings
try In Time With You rom-com, doesn't really have sex in it
Being Chinese I grew up with watching Hong Kong dramas but their quality in my opinion don't come close to Korean and Japanese dramas and lately have gone further downhill since China's expansion. The early 90s dramas were very good but still some are quite melo/mixed in with the usual revenge plots. Romantic comedies are not their strong point and most romances are sub-plots never the main plot. They like to focus on themes such as medical, crime, law, forensics, historicals. I even watched a drama themed around Snooker!! It was a bad drama...lol. Comedy can be found in family centered dramas. You can give Hong Kong dramas a try if you like...you never know maybe they will be fine for you but I've moved away from Hong Kong dramas permanently. However Hong Kong movies are so much better with bigger budget and productions- even for romantic comedies you can find some good ones around but I'm not particularly fond of rom coms. I don't know many dramas from China I could recommend to you but I'm sure there are some good ones around. I only know about Hong Kong dramas. I just thought I give you my opinion on them :)
So far I have watched My Sister Of Eternal Flower - Hong Kong (theme must have been mental problems) It was good but the acting made the drama everything was off And Down with love- taiwanese (it was as good as some korean I have watched) Love Ellla Chen now she is my Taiwanese Eun Hye(not nearly as cute but who could be) I see what you mean as far quality goes. It would seem that korea puts most of their effort behind drama cause the moviesI've ried are horrible quality wise.
Thanks for the rec but it seems to melodramatic
Devil Beside You - clasic tw drama about a mean guy and innocent cute girl falling in love, the best kissing scenes, but here there is a bed scene at the last episode. Hi My Sweetheart - a lot of funny moments, My Queen - if you want a younger guy older woman romance
- Hi My Sweetheart - Momo Love - Miss No Good - Fabulous Boys (the taiwanese version of You're Beautiful) - Hana Kimi Taiwanese Version - ToGetHer - Skip Beat - It Started With A Kiss + They Kiss Again (Taiwanese version of Itazura na Kiss) All I know to suggest are idol dramas hahhaha XDD But for deeper stories I'd say Devil Beside You and MARS
Loretti wrote: Devil Beside You - clasic tw drama about a mean guy and innocent cute girl falling in love, the best kissing scenes, but here there is a bed scene at the last episode.
Hi My Sweetheart - a lot of funny moments,
My Queen - if you want a younger guy older woman romance

Ah How could I forget about the Devil Beside You. I remeber seeing it and think aww to bad its Taiwanese. Thats not a problem any more. I loved the mawha

The rest of them look great too thanks. In fact I've wanted to watch them all and didn't because of the country of origins
HAVA-RAVA wrote: - Hi My Sweetheart
- Momo Love
- Miss No Good
- Fabulous Boys (the taiwanese version of You're Beautiful)
- Hana Kimi Taiwanese Version
- ToGetHer
- Skip Beat
- It Started With A Kiss + They Kiss Again (Taiwanese version of Itazura na Kiss)

All I know to suggest are idol dramas hahhaha XDD
But for deeper stories I'd say Devil Beside You and MARS

A couple of those I remember seeing and liking only rejecting them because of the languages. Thanks