Hey, guys, I could really use your help right now. I've just had a really rough time and to add to that got some really bad news, is there something I could watch that you think would take my mind off things? I seriously need to be immersed in a story right now for at least 12 hours, preferably more. It has to be something you just cannot stop watching. Just nothing too happy/funny or tragic, or I won't stop crying.... No medical themes as well, please. And I don't do well with family dramas, but might reconsider. Thanks in advance
history of salary man !!!
Cruel City, I marathoned this drama so quickly, I couldn't stop watching after the first episode!
Thank you, atslipinbag. I even have it on my PTW list :) just a quick question, in the comments people said it's hilarious, and I would rather avoid that at the moment, is all of it super funny or just parts? @ Liliino - sounds good, I'll give it a try. Thanks :)
yes it is hillarious but not that stupid kind of hillariousness.. acting is superb n the story is gripping ... anyway if u watch it do let me if u liked it or not *.*
atslipinbag wrote: yes it is hillarious but not that stupid kind of hillariousness..
acting is superb n the story is gripping ...

anyway if u watch it do let me if u liked it or not *.*

Unfortunately, any kind of funny will be lost on me now... Totally wrong mood, but I will definitely come back to it in a while and I'll remember to let you know if I liked it.
kangoor wrote: Unfortunately, any kind of funny will be lost on me now... Totally wrong mood, but I will definitely come back to it in a while and I'll remember to let you know if I liked it.

no problem chingu !!!

hope these times will pass out soon !!!
kangoor wrote: Thank you, atslipinbag. I even have it on my PTW list :) just a quick question, in the comments people said it's hilarious, and I would rather avoid that at the moment, is all of it super funny or just parts?

@ Liliino - sounds good, I'll give it a try. Thanks :)

It's funny, but it's not your typical kdrama funny and it mixes in melodrama with the humor. It's very, very well done and I do not think you will be disappointed. To answer your question, it does not revolve around the humor and I didn't feel like I was watching a comedy through the majority of the show.
The Incarnation of Money or Ghost.

Yes it might have some funny parts in it, but more than half of these 2 dramas are on a serious tone. The story/plot is something that won't let you get out of your seat until you finish it, atleast that's what happened to me!
Since you're not wanting funny right now I'd recommend: Iris, White Christmas (awesome), Special Affairs Team 10,.
I second Cruel City or maybe Bloody Monday if you want something dark that I couldn't stop watching try Zeni Geba...White Christmas is also pretty good but it's short.
I recommend Cinderella Story! :D
looking at your plan to watch list, i would say that King 2hearts will most likely to disappoint you.
I recently marathoned kazoku game. Sho was so strange and intriguing that I couldn't wait to see what he would do next.

Karamazov no Kyodai was also a suspenseful drama to watch.

I'm currently watching Summer Nude and Saikou no Rikon. Both light and easy to watch but interesting enough to keep you tied to it.

From your plan to watch list, I'd say any of these below would do the trick, especially A Man's Story....

A Man's Story
Evasive Inquiry Agency
Soulmate
Sungkyunkwan Scandal
I've just finished watching "Cruel City", it was really a great dramathon suggestion. Thank you, Liliino!! I was so immersed in the story that I forgot about the whole world.

atslipinbag wrote: no problem chingu !!!

hope these times will pass out soon !!!

Hope so, too! Thanks :)

Egobandit wrote: It's funny, but it's not your typical kdrama funny and it mixes in melodrama with the humor. It's very, very well done and I do not think you will be disappointed. To answer your question, it does not revolve around the humor and I didn't feel like I was watching a comedy through the majority of the show.

I'm definitely going to give it a try once I'm done with all the "darker" ones suggested here.

tvxqjung wrote: The Incarnation of Money or Ghost.

Yes it might have some funny parts in it, but more than half of these 2 dramas are on a serious tone. The story/plot is something that won't let you get out of your seat until you finish it, atleast that's what happened to me!

They do sound really interesting. Thanks!

wsa67 wrote: Since you're not wanting funny right now I'd recommend: Iris, White Christmas (awesome), Special Affairs Team 10,.

I've been meaning to watch Iris for the longest time, and somehow never did. I guess now I have a chance to change that. White Christmas is a must-watch now. Thank you for your help.

goldenseal50 wrote: I second Cruel City or maybe Bloody Monday if you want something dark that I couldn't stop watching try Zeni Geba...White Christmas is also pretty good but it's short.

Now that I'm done with the worst part of me freaking out, I can do shorter, especially that I got so many other suggestions. I can't believe I haven't come across Zeni Geba before. Much appreciated!

Gaijin_ wrote: I recommend Cinderella Story! :D

Okay, I think I need more info here as I couldn't find it, unless you meant Last Cinderella that's on your list?

Se-Kyung0209 wrote: looking at your plan to watch list, i would say that King 2hearts will most likely to disappoint you.

I probably need to purge my PTW ;)

infiniti512 wrote: I recently marathoned kazoku game. Sho was so strange and intriguing that I couldn't wait to see what he would do next.

Karamazov no Kyodai was also a suspenseful drama to watch.

I'm currently watching Summer Nude and Saikou no Rikon. Both light and easy to watch but interesting enough to keep you tied to it.

From your plan to watch list, I'd say any of these below would do the trick, especially A Man's Story....

A Man's Story
Evasive Inquiry Agency
Soulmate
Sungkyunkwan Scandal

That's a lot of titles, thank you so much. I don't know why Karamazov no Kyoudai isn't on my PTW, I came across it so many times...

I want to say I really appreciate all your help, MDL community is amazing!! I'm really tired right now, I didn't sleep because of the marathon but I'm going to use your recommendations later, in between freaking out and cleaning out the mess I'm in... :D Now - off to bed!