I am getting kind of frustrated with the silly plot holes of my kdramas lately, I still love them very much but where are the really good solid stories? Have I missed them? Can someone please recommend shows that have that? They can be jdramas too as long as I can find them easily. It can be romance, mystery, fantasy. No historicals though. Good actors are a must. :)
Well... perhaps Nine: Nine Times Time Travel?

This drama will surely keep you guessing until the very end. ^^
For me when talking about storyline I think about complexion and then the way that the actors interpret their characters...these are the dramas that kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time! 1.Tatta Hitotsu no Koi - one of the most romantic dramas I've ever seen.Want a point?Try sticking with it through it at episode 1...I made the mistake of not finishing it and had to wait half a year to discover its magic. 2.Love Shuffle - I don't think you can dislike this one 3.White Christmas - one of the most complex damas I've seen 4.Ojakgyo Brothers - my recently new found jewel 5. 9 End 2 outs - a really well written story 6.Wonderful Life - this is something you'll either love or hate
Nodame Cantabile <3 music, romance Last Cinderella - romance, drama I honestly recommend you more jdramas since they have many variety. ;)
Check my list out with the ratings from 8 and up. They are the jewels. And I judge very fairly. I'am usually not biased. ^^
I would say "Golden Empire", it had one of the best screenwriting in Kdramas history.
G-Panda wrote: Well... perhaps Nine: Nine Times Time Travel?

This drama will surely keep you guessing until the very end. ^^

that is for sure !!!!

i would recommend this drama nth time to evrybody !!!

and recently i've greatly liked ' Hanzawa Naoki '

superb acting, story but this is big no for romance seekers
Since you mentioned romance, mystery and fantasy I don't know if these fit your criteria but I'd recommend: The Chaser Two Weeks Golden Empire Nine is a really well written drama too and if you don't mind crime dramas Special Affairs Team Ten is a good choice as well!
Two Weeks The Incarnation of Money Queen of Ambition
G-panda and atslipinbag - I've watched the first ep of Nine I thought it was a bit bleak and dropped but I read many compliments I do think I'll give it one more shot. Aya97 - I've heard a lot about Ojakgyo, I was afraid of weekend dramas because I'm watching Smile You right now and I hate the parents and grandparents but I'll watch at least the first ep to see how it goes. White Christmas will get another chance too. sakuraKhey - Nodame seems interesting just have to find a place that has it! Drama4lover - You're too nice :) Lots of 8s for stuff that, well, made me crazy, like BOF and Love Rain but I do like your 9s and 10s.:) Mickey - I like the Golden Empire actress I will give it a try! crookedsmile - I've seen Two Weeks, it was good not as good as I wanted but good. The Chaser had really good reviews I didn't try because I didn't like that actor from City Hunter but who knows, on a rainy day, I might give it a try too. Thank you all very much for the suggestions! :)
Paquito - I've watched Incarnation too, I thought the first eps were amazing then it became less impressive but still very good, the romance was awkward and undeveloped, the plot holes were big but I think it was a very entertaining drama, exactly what I am looking for again. Queen of Ambition I've heard about but people hated the ending so I got scared! :)
I think the deepest drama that I've seen with a good story is 49 Days, it made me walk away still thinking about everything in the drama.
SarahPearl wrote: I think the deepest drama that I've seen with a good story is 49 Days, it made me walk away still thinking about everything in the drama.

Ahhh I love 49 Days so much, I could ask for more like it but I don't think they exist really. :) Yes, it did have crazy holes but the good was so good that it was all worth it and I liked the ending! :)
For a good drama without plot holes, I recommend: 1. You're Beautiful 2. Boys Before Flowers 3. Hana Yori Dango 4. Capital Scandal 5. Missing You Basically, anything I have listed on my profile is good. :-)
Triskani wrote: Queen of Ambition I've heard about but people hated the ending so I got scared! :)

If you don't mind an ending where everyone doesn't live happily ever after... Then it had a great ending. Most emotional ending I've seen in a drama.