Hi all! I'm looking for my next kdrama and I read a lot of recommendations saying "this is not your typical kdrama storyline". I'm relatively new to the kdrama world and I would like to see one that IS typical but good. So I'm curious whats your favorite typical full-of-cliches-non-original kdrama? Thanks!! :)
Typical K Dramas would be love triangles with jealousy, rich arrogant boy falls for the poor but bright kind cheery girl, contract marriages/relationships becoming real, birth secrets coming out etc... Some dramas (typical in some sense) I found very good are: Princess hours (Teen romance.. really sweet!) FUll House( fav. of many with overseas popularity, although I didnt find it too good) The Heirs ( full of eye-candies.. celebrities in cast) Lie to Me Playful Kiss (dumb girl crazy and obsessed with the most popular guy) My Girl Boys over Flowers ( poor girl coming to school for the rich) Delightful girl choon Hyang I have intentionally recommended dramas that are not something different since you are a beginner to dramaland. There are a lot of dramas that are different, and quite good :) Happy viewing!
Rom-Coms: I Really Really Like You
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
Sungkyunkwan Scandal

For the melos/other genres:
Crazy For You
King of Baking
Shining Inheritance
Stars Falling From the Sky
Will It Snow For Christmas?
You Are My Destiny (daily drama)

Boys over Flowers, Coffee Prince (its a gender bender but great!!), Sungkyungkwan Scandal (also a gender bender), Princess Hours
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by typical. I'm assuming you mean story lines (drama concept) is typical. I know three big ones that are pretty popular in dramaland.

1.) Biscuit Teacher Star Candy- Noona-romance (Young guy, older girl relationships).
2.) Protect the Boss- Chaebol romance (Rich guy falls for poor girl).
3.) That Fool- Contract relationships.

There is also plenty of makjang storylines (outrageous: revenge, birth secrets, etc.), but I kept the list light. I saw that you really enjoyed a few dramas and tried to recommend some that were similar (typical), but had unique charms. And since you don't seem to mind older dramas, I added ones from a few years ago.

If you watch these, let me know if you like them. Enjoy!
Boys Before Flowers Rooftop Prince Youre Beautiful Playful Kiss My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho
Thank you so much for all your answers! I will definitely try some of those! :)
I looked over your list and think you would probably enjoy My Love From the Star it just finished this week. Flower Boy Next Door was really cute Yoon Shi Yoon is absolutely adorable be prepared to lose your heart. And I really liked Gu Family Book evil demon never looked so hot!!!!! I was ready to join the Dark Side for Wol Ryung...