Hello everyone. This is my first time posting a thread in this forum. I am desperately in need of J doramas recommendation as I have stuck without knowing what dorama to watch next. Basically, I love romance dorama but not so into melodoramas. Some examples of the doramas that I've enjoyed watching are as below (without any particular order): 1. Asuko March! 2. Buzzer Beat 3. Kimi Wa Petto 4. Pride 5. Kimi Ni Todoke (Movie) 6. Orang Days (I love how they progressed from a friend to a lover. Good storyline and good casts with a good story pace) But please do not suggest me any doramas with too much humour nor comical action such as Nodame Cantabile, I just can't digest that kind of dorama very well. I would love to see something similar to Buzzer Beat, light romance, without too much of tears being wasted, all in all, very light to watch. Something that I can watch for fun but still will be able to make me fall in love with the leads. Below are the doramas that I've watch that I don't think are able to captivate me: - Last Cinderella - Nodame Cantabile - Long Vacation (it is good, but not that great. Perhaps because the storyline is way too slow for my liking) - Summer Nude (I love the concept of the dorama and the casts, but again wayyyyy too slow for my liking) - Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (I love how it started, a bit dragging in the middle, and lost my interest towards the end) - Majo No Jouken (Similar to YNSH, love how it started, dragging in the middle, and completely lost my interest towards few last episodes) Additional note: Please don't recommend me Atashinchi No Danshi, Otomen, Nobuta Wo Produce, Hotaru no Hikari, Slow Dance, Tokyo Bandwagon, Tumbling, Love Generation and Switch Girl. I have already seen it all. Thank you in advance, and hoping for some great recommendation from you. :)
You've done a good job describing what you want and don't want. I don't know if I can help you, but I'll try: - Saigo kara nibanme no koi (romance/family, fun with somewhat odd and likeable characters but not over the top comical action, no tears) - Around 40 - Starman - This Star's Love Well, perhaps somebody else can help adding to the list! I too love Kimi wa petto and Orange Days. (While I'm at it, let me tell you what you should not watch: I had high hopes for Shiawase ni narou yo; I loved how it started but it was dragging in the middle with over the top acting from the supporting characters and unnecessary stupid plot twists.)
Thank you for the recommendations! I am going to start with Around 40. At last, I have found something that suits my taste. Thank you.