Hey! I'm currently on the lookout for some juicy sageuk and as I was browsing through the dramas, I started wondering about this. Do you guys know of any dramas about female rulers? And here I mean where a woman is actually THE ruler, not his wife/mistress/mother/sister or whatever. Well, unless it's on the level of Empress Ki, then that's fine :D Obviously, I've already watched Queen Seon Duk, which for me is *the* best drama (and, honestly, one of the best stories in general) out there. It can be Korean, Japanese or Taiwanese (just can't seem to get into Chinese dramas, don't know why). It obviously has to have a great story, be rather longer than shorter (30, 60, 100 episodes... I don't care! If it's good - the longer the better :D), it can't have clear-cut good/bad leads, annoying love triangles... @_@ Anyway. If you look at my list and see something that might fit within the 'plan to watch' section, go ahead and point it out. And if you do make a suggestion, please include at least a few words explaining why you're pointing it out. Thank you! m ( _ _ ) m
It's also the best drama I have watched so far too. It was a masterpiece! I have only seen what you have seen so far of female rulers. Maybe The Great King's Dream would be an option. It runs parallel to Queen Seon Deok but the focus is on Kim Choon Coo. :)
Yeah... I've been debating whether to watch this one, however every time I do consider it, what it boils down to is: this is NOT Queen Seon Duk - THIS is!. This is NOT Bidam - THIS is! And this is not Yushin - THIS is! And... I can keep on going like this :/ Besides I'm sure their acting will be all wrong... *sigh*
Actually I would just love to watch Queen Seon Duk again, but I'm just not, er, ready for that yet. Anyone who've seen it should understand, I reckon.

*edit*

OK, just found one and thought I'd mention it here for anyone who also might be interested in this type of sageuk. It's Empress Chun Chu and it looks quite promising :]
Although this is not saguek, you can try to watch Dae Mul

Its about a journey of a women to become 1st female president of Korea...

The story resemble a lot of any saguek drama...political games and campaigns,conspiracy,backstabbing....
Moreover, it's Go Hyung Jung (Evil Misil!) in the lead role, she is always worth seeing...