any summer 2014 recs? HERO is on the list for me. but not really sure about the others Hirugao with Ueto Aya?
I have been wondering what's coming this summer! :) I don't know anything, except I saw the other night that there'll be a drama with Iura Arata - hoping for subs! I looked up Hirugao just now. The synopsis doesn't sound very interesting to me, but the cast did catch my interest. I don't know...
That ecchi-sounding drama with Dan Mitsu. Other than that I'm watching Kazokugari, Zero no Shinjitsu and the second season of MOZU.
yea i have mozu s2 on my list too
There's one called "Wakamonotachi" that I'm looking forward to and that swimming drama mainly because of cute guys in swimsuits.
Thanks, now I have a few more added to my ptw-list. :)
lily_b wrote: I have been wondering what's coming this summer! :) I don't know anything, except I saw the other night that there'll be a drama with Iura Arata - hoping for subs!

I looked up Hirugao just now. The synopsis doesn't sound very interesting to me, but the cast did catch my interest. I don't know...

which one is the arata one?

femmedesneiges wrote: That ecchi-sounding drama with Dan Mitsu. Other than that I'm watching Kazokugari, Zero no Shinjitsu and the second season of MOZU.

what is the name of the dan mitsu one?
bannie wrote: which one is the arata one?

This one: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Dososei (I was going to be a good fangirl and add it to MDL but I'm lazy sometimes...)
Here's another one: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/O-Soshiki_de_Aimashou

bannie wrote: what is the name of the dan mitsu one?

I guess it's this one: http://mydramalist.com/10445-arasa-chan-mushusei
lily_b wrote:
I guess it's this one: http://mydramalist.com/10445-arasa-chan-mushusei

Beat me to it! Yep, that's the one.
femmedesneiges wrote: Beat me to it! Yep, that's the one.

Yeah, because I looked up everything you mentioned. :) I'm so hoping for something good for the summer, I like it when there's lots of forum discussion.
lily_b wrote: Yeah, because I looked up everything you mentioned. :) I'm so hoping for something good for the summer, I like it when there's lots of forum discussion.

I suppose it's too optimistic to hope for another Hanzawa Naoki. It doesn't really feel like almost a year since Summer 2013. I usually just lurk in discussion threads though. And I doubt any of my friends want to discuss Magical Boy Cherry's from a drama angle with me.
femmedesneiges wrote: I suppose it's too optimistic to hope for another Hanzawa Naoki. It doesn't really feel like almost a year since Summer 2013. I usually just lurk in discussion threads though. And I doubt any of my friends want to discuss Magical Boy Cherry's from a drama angle with me.

Aw, I wanted to say "why not?", and then I looked up Magical Boy Cherry's. *lol* I don't think I'm up for it. Well, if nothing else, I still haven't watched Hanzawa Naoki (and I still haven't watched a bunch of other dramas...). You're right, it doesn't feel like a year ago! I watched Starman and Liar Game, it was my first drama summer. :)
lily_b wrote: Aw, I wanted to say "why not?", and then I looked up Magical Boy Cherry's. *lol* I don't think I'm up for it. Well, if nothing else, I still haven't watched Hanzawa Naoki (and I still haven't watched a bunch of other dramas...). You're right, it doesn't feel like a year ago! I watched Starman and Liar Game, it was my first drama summer. :)

Lol, I think that title and synopsis manages to scare a variety of people away from watching it. xD Idol haters, Tokusatsu haters, punctuation fanatics...

Congratulations on another drama summer. :) I'm planning on watching Starman soon. Did you enjoy it?
You're all surrounded i have
femmedesneiges wrote: I'm planning on watching Starman soon. Did you enjoy it?

Yes, I enjoyed it, but I didn't think it was super great or anything. It was cute and funny and I was interested in what was going to happen, most of the time. I loved it at first, I felt that it was getting less interesting during episodes 7-9 or thereabout and I didn't like how some things turned out, but the last episode made me forgive the flaws. I rated it 7 at the time. With the new rating I gave it 7.5 for cuteness. :)