WARNING: This thread will contain spoilers, just a heads up!

I noticed that a thread with the above title (or something similar) was sadly no longer available, so all the recommendations are gone (It shows up on Google and MyDramaList search results but when I click on it, the page is no longer available). I'm bringing it back because this is one of my favourite tropes or scenes to watch and I'm sure some others would also like to see it!

What I'm basically looking for are any Asian dramas (Chinese, Thai, Korean, Taiwan, Japanese, etc - in order of preference) where the Male Lead pretends to have amnesia or memory loss. The trope can take up only a scene or two of the whole drama, or most of the drama. I don't mind, as long as there is a scene like that. 

The Male Lead doesn't have to have amnesia or memory loss but can just pretend not to know the FL for some reason. Whether because he is now under another identity or anything else that has to hide his memory with the FL. I just want to see the ML pretending to have not known the FL even though he may like/love her. 

I'm also open to BL dramas!

It would be great but not necessary to include a description of why the ML is pretending, etc and about when it occurs - please mark it as spoilers! (highlight the spoiler text and click on the triangle icon with the exclamation point)

To start off, here are some dramas that I know that have this trope:

• My Girlfriend is an Alien (ML pretends to have amnesia to spite the FL, and because it would be expected of him because of his situation - a short scene near the end of the drama)
  • Unique Lady 2 (ML pretends to have amnesia, after having and recovering from real amnesia, to protect the FL - a good half of an episode or two in the middle of the drama?)
  • Ancient Love Poetry (ML pretends to not have his past self's memory to protect the FL and exact his master plan to defeat evil smoothly - a couple of episodes near the end of the drama)
  • Please Feel at Ease Mr. Ling (ML pretends to have amnesia and stays at the FL's house as part of a plan - a couple of episodes at the start of the drama)
 lanzhanya:
I just want to see the ML pretending to have not known the FL

ML had amnesia (or otherwise lost his memories of the FL) and later gets his memories back, but keeps pretending with the FL that he doesn't have his memories (in some cases for a short period and in some cases for a long time):

ML knew the FL when they were young, but pretends he doesn't know her when he meets her as an adult:

The ML had an interaction with the FL before she first "met" him, but he acts like he's never met her before:

Apollymi:

https://mydramalist.com/22646-history-obsessed

The plot sounds interesting! Thanks for the rec ^^

emaureeng:

Do you want fantasy dramas included? There are several where someone goes back in time and "meets" their ex for the first time.

That would be great if you could include those too! I don't have any dramas to watch atm, so the more recs the better!

AH :

ML had amnesia (or otherwise lost his memories of the FL) and later gets his memories back, but keeps pretending with the FL that he doesn't have his memories (in some cases for a short period and in some cases for a long time):

ML knew the FL when they were young, but pretends he doesn't know her when he meets her as an adult:

The ML had an interaction with the FL before she first "met" him, but he acts like he's never met her before:

Thank you so much for the list and descriptions! I'll give The Eternal Love 3 and Just Between Lovers another go since it has this trope. For Lost Love in Times, about when does he regain his memories / start pretending? I dropped this drama ages ago because of the lack of eng subs but I want to pick it up again :P

lanzhanya:
For Lost Love in Times, about when does he regain his memories / start pretending?

He gains exposure to some of his memories at the end of episode 31. In episode 32, he asks the FL about them and she lies and says they hadn't previously met. He accepts that and doesn't ask about it again, but in episode 35 he passes out (for a reason) and relives part of their memories again. When he wakes up, he immediately kisses the FL but doesn't mention the memories. In episode 36, we hear him think to himself that the FL is not able to tell him about their past so he won't force her to. In episode 38, he collaborates with another sorceress to give himself access to all of his shared memories with the FL so he can understand what happened / what she's doing and protect her accordingly. He doesn't tell the FL about accessing those memories. But note that they're pretty much together throughout all of this, despite all the secrets about their memories. 

lanzhanya:
Just Between Lovers

The *not acknowledging that he knows her* piece is a bit subtle / layered. When he runs into her on the stairs he doesn't recognize her from their first encounter. When he recalls seeing her in the alley, he says to himself that  he thinks he's seen her before, but it seems like he could be referring to the stairwell. When he sees her at the bus stop / when the scooter nearly hits her, he doesn't mention the alley encounter / acts like he doesn't know her, which she comments on later. By the end of episode 3 we know for sure that he recognizes her from their very first encounter, but he still doesn't mention it. By episode 4 he gets proof that it really is her, and he still doesn't say anything because she doesn't recognize him (he finds out in episode 7 that she doesn't remember him from the aftermath of the mall collapse because she lost some of her memories due to a concussion) and, as someone advises him, ignorance is bliss. It takes her a long time to finally get her memories back on her own / remember their first encounter herself. 

lanzhanya:
The Eternal Love 3

This season is weaker than the first two and is really only worth watching if you really like the main couple IMO (I love them and still got a bit bored at times), but it has more than one instance of the ML losing his memories, gaining them back, and pretending with the FL that he hasn't gotten them back. 

AH :
He gains exposure to some of his memories at the end of episode 31. In episode 32, he asks the FL about them and she lies and says they hadn't previously met. He accepts that and doesn't ask about it again, but in episode 35 he passes out (for a reason) and relives part of their memories again. When he wakes up, he immediately kisses the FL but doesn't mention the memories. In episode 36, we hear him think to himself that the FL is not able to tell him about their past so he won't force her to. In episode 38, he collaborates with another sorceress to give himself access to all of his shared memories with the FL so he can understand what happened / what she's doing and protect her accordingly. He doesn't tell the FL about accessing those memories. But note that they're pretty much together throughout all of this, despite all the secrets about their memories. 

This is great, thank you so much for taking the time to list it all out with Lost Love in Times and Just Between Lovers! I didn't expect you'll go into that much detail TT I'm with you on The Eternal Love 3, TEL 1 was the best out of the trilogy (the first season is always the best for any drama tbh), I just felt that The Eternal Love 3  was so extensive and if it got cut down, it could've been more engaging.

Also maybe there:

• Pretends to now know the FL due to different identity:
    • Green Rose
    • Bridal Mask
    • Tree of Heaven
  • pretends to not know the FL when they have history together as kids/youngsters:
    • It's Okay Not To be Okay - they knew each other as kids
    • Radio Romance  - they meet before as pre-teens
    • Tree of Heaven
    • Imitation 
  • Knows who the FL is due to some circumstances but they never formally meet, but still pretends not knowledge of her existence
    • Well Intended Love - ML strategize their 'meeting' and paths crossing
    • Find me in Your Memory - FL is bestfriend if ML's ex-gf and she has amnesia
    • Mystic Pop-up Bar - Guy and girl has been together for hundreds of years fulfilling a mythical mission for the girl; but guy is hiding his true identity and his past connection with girl
    • You Are My Hero - guy saved the girl before, but his identity was never revealed to the girl due to his swat mask. meet again years later but he never reveals their first meeting
 Czakhareina:

Also maybe there:

• Pretends to now know the FL due to different identity:
    • Green Rose
    • Bridal Mask
    • Tree of Heaven
  • pretends to not know the FL when they have history together as kids/youngsters:
    • It's Okay Not To be Okay - they knew each other as kids
    • Radio Romance  - they meet before as pre-teens
    • Tree of Heaven
    • Imitation 
  • Knows who the FL is due to some circumstances but they never formally meet, but still pretends not knowledge of her existence
    • Well Intended Love - ML strategize their 'meeting' and paths crossing
    • Find me in Your Memory - FL is bestfriend if ML's ex-gf and she has amnesia
    • Mystic Pop-up Bar - Guy and girl has been together for hundreds of years fulfilling a mythical mission for the girl; but guy is hiding his true identity and his past connection with girl
    • You Are My Hero - guy saved the girl before, but his identity was never revealed to the girl due to his swat mask. meet again years later but he never reveals their first meeting

Thanks for the recs! I'll try some of them out ^^

lanzhanya:
I didn't expect you'll go into that much detail

I was worried you might watch all the way to episodes 31 and 32 and think "is that it?!" (" ´ ∀`)

AH :

I was worried you might watch all the way to episodes 31 and 32 and think "is that it?!" (" ´ ∀`)

Ahhhh good thinking then ^^' Without your description I would have been disappointed. I was like 'oh, so he's just going to brush it off?'

Bringing this thread back cos I want more recs :p