Hi guys! DO NOT VOTE in this thread!

Until the search function is enabled please use this topic to search for suggestions BEFORE you open a new one, otherwise your suggestion will be closed if it is a duplicate.  

You've got a great suggestion, but don't know how to check if it has already been opened by someone else? Do this:

1. First check this topic, use the search function in your browser to find the title or skim over the titles. Sometimes a title is worded in a different way but it is basically the same suggestion. So please make sure not to open a duplicate because it makes everyone confused and the votes are not distributed evenly. 
  2. Search the whole forum.

The list will be updated regularly; it is a temporary solution. The points increase +1 weekly.

There are already many duplicates, so here is the list of the most popular suggestions according to the number of votes.

High priority

(100+ votes)

Medium priority

(50-100 votes)

Low priority

(10-50 votes)

1votes

Recently Implemented Suggestions

August 2023:

November 2020:

July 2020:

April 2020:

December 2019:

July 2019:

November 2018:

August 2018:

July 2018:

February 2018:

January 2018:

November 2017:

• Added "Not Interested" to the Lists (CW, PTW, Dropped, On Hold)

October 2017:

• If previously marked as 'completed', a drama/film won't show on your profile if you change the rating

September 2017 (major site update):

• Search the actors by gender
  • Privacy settings: you can hide your gender and birthday
  • Search the articles
  • Notifications when someone quotes you in the forums
  • Notifications when someone comments on your article
  • Option to turn on/off automatic notifications
  • Added Variety Shows to the database
  • Added ratings e.g. R, PR, PG-13 etc
  • Quote users in the forums
  • Use GIFS as your display avatar (they are animated everywhere except in the profile)
  • Added TAGS
  • Added Screenwriters and Directors to the database
  • The Flag/Report button was activated
  • Added Priorities in the PTW list
  • Added Rewatching
  • MDL is now mobile and tablet responsive
  • Advanced Search - sort by Drama Status (Airing, Completed, Upcoming), # of Episodes
  • Add a Title or Person to a custom list straight from their respective pages
  • Global and Private posts on the feed
  • Watch Date: record when you start and complete a drama/movie
  • The movie/drama info pops up when you hover the mouse over the title in your lists
  • Added TAGS for articles
  • A monthly MDL newsletter
Sleepninja locked this Oct 28, 2017 02:03 pm
Sleepninja unlocked this Jan 13, 2020 11:49 pm

Okay so I thought it would be better to keep this thread open (do not vote!!) in order to bring awareness to it so people can post their thoughts, the suggestions I missed to mention etc.

Awesome post.

Dark Mode just got implemented!

what mean: Pages of fictional characters have been added to the database ?

kindon18:

what mean: Pages of fictional characters have been added to the database ?

It's still in the process, for example: https://mydramalist.com/character/kim-shin

outrojean:

Ceki where's the Vietnam database suggestion ?

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/34581-add-vietnam-to-the-database

I'm keeping it on hold for now because the admins will probably open the poll when they decide to add a new country to the database (like they did the last time), so I think it's pointless to vote now.

Okay, came here to write a suggestion but it already in the list. 

It would be good to see my rewatch episodes are counted. ?

Not to toot my own horn, but the Vietnam Database Suggestion is now like the 3rd most highly voted for item on this list (although it hasn't been updated recently it seems). We are starting to get an active community using it as an alternate forum to talk about Vietnamese dramas, so I suspect it may stay up near the top for a while. It may be worthwhile adding it to the list since it is already starting to become a part of the community. Love all the work here MDL and from the awesome mods, so it would be nice to have this platform to talk about this growing market as well :)

Not sure how to vote for one of the features already included on one of the above lists, so count this post as my vote for…

65 - Subscribe to another persons list