Hello!

Lately I've been on a binge searching for Delinquent (If in a School Setting) or Yakuza (Adults) Romance.

By Delinquents, I mean the whole cliche, dyed hair and constantly in trouble but I want them to be soft on their love interest. The same thing for Yakuza, it can be mature and serious or cheesy and comedy.

Just please, any recommendations with this trope, im begging.

Delinquent / trouble-maker romance dramas and movies (no MLs with dyed hair I'm afraid) where the ML definitely has a soft spot for the FL.

• Better Days - Taiwanese Movie. The ML is school-aged but not in school. He lives alone and runs with a rough crowd involved in criminal activity, but he's not exactly a member of the yakuza or mafia. 
  • Just Between Lovers - Korean Drama. The ML works various jobs, some more rough than others. He has very rough edges plus trauma, but (apart from some property destruction) is not actually a criminal. 
  • The Smile Has Left Your Eyes - Korean Drama. The ML seems to have no empathy or moral compass and doesn't really care about anything, until he meets the FL. He was capable of blending in with regular people and holding a regular job for a short period of time, but inevitably seemed to find trouble (or to have trouble find him). 
  • Koi Desu: Yankee-kun to Hakujou Garu - Japanese Drama. The ML and his friends and rivals are "delinquents", in the sense that they look the part, don't have jobs, and occasionally fight each other, but they don't cause any serious trouble. The ML has a scar on his face and his rival has dyed hair.
  • Itaewon Class - Korean Drama. The ML was sent to prison. His sentence wasn't completely baseless, but was definitely unfair due to corruption. After he gets out, his haircut still gives him a certain look. Despite all of that, he is actually a very principled person. The FL, on the other hand, is a sociopath with partly dyed hair and looser morals. She falls for the ML quickly. The ML doesn't initially have romantic interest in the FL (she is much younger than him, and he is still hung up on his first love) but he does have a soft spot for her that grows over time.
  • Not Me - Thai BL Drama. The ML takes the place of his twin brother, who was involved with a group of delinquents.
  • Tempted - The ML is a rich and privileged person who plays twisted games with his trouble-making friends instead of working or going to university after graduating from high school.  
  • Who Are You: School 2015 - Korean Drama. The SML is a "delinquent" in the sense that he cuts class, has dyed hair and occasionally makes trouble for his father as a cry for attention. I liked him and his love-line with the FL more than the ML.
  • True Beauty - Korean Drama. The SML is a "delinquent" in the sense that he wears earrings, rides a motorcycle, sometimes cuts class, hangs with a group of boys that are sort of wannabe gangsters, and occasionally gets into scraps with other groups of boys. I liked him and his love-line with the FL more than the ML.
  • Cheese in the Trap - Korean Drama. The ML is a rich heir who has sociopathic tendencies while the SML was a poor boy brought into his household to be his companion. The SML is a "delinquent" in the sense that he has an earring and fell in with the wrong crowd for a while (and still gets bothered by them) instead of going to university after an injury caused him to not be able to pursue music and a falling out with the ML and the ML's father caused him to be homeless. I liked him and his love-line with the FL more than the ML. Yes there is a pattern here ^^". 
  • School 2017 - Korean Drama. The ML is a high school student who wears a black hoodie while causing trouble at school. As his identity is unknown, he earns the name "student x" or just "x".
  • She's Dating the Gangster - Filipino Movie. From what I remember, the ML is a "gangster" in the sense that he skateboards, plays pool, and wears a bandana. 
  • Crash Landing on You - Korean Drama. The SML is a con-man.

Romance dramas where the ML is or was involved in organized crime (yakuza / mafia / former mafia turned *mostly* strait-laced):

• Bromance - Taiwanese. The ML is the adopted son of the leader of a former mafia group turned *mostly* strait-laced. The group kept most of the trappings and dynamics of a mafia group, just without the illegal activity.
  • HIStory3: Trapped - Taiwanese BL. One ML is a leader of a mafia branch that has turned *mostly* strait-laced. The other ML is a police officer who is investigating him.
  • KinnPorsche - Thai BL. One of the MLs is the son of a mafia leader and is actively involved with the mafia.
  • Kei×Yaku: Abunai Aibou - Japanese BL... sort of. One of the MLs is yakuza and the other is sort of like a police officer, but they both have an interest in finding the same person. More of a bromance with loads of homoerotic subtext than a full on romance.
  • The Masked Lover - Taiwanese. The FL takes the place of her sister, the ruthless boss of a mafia group that has turned *mostly* strait-laced. The ML is a police officer who takes on a personal mission that involves going under cover as a rookie assistant to the FL.

Thank you so much <3

clothcat:

Thank you so much <3

You're welcome ^^

My Boss, My Hero (2001)
A Wacky Switch (2004)
My Boss, My Teacher (2006)
My Wife Is A Gangster 3 (2006)
The Mafia, The Salesman (2007)
Samurai High School 2009
Don Quixote (2011)
49 (2013)