AnastasiaWun:

Thanks DED for the mapping. I've been trying to corelate who's who in the prequel with the sequel The Blood of Youth, but i'm still somewhat lost with certain characters.

1. Baili Dongjun, lead character in Prequel becomes Support only in TBOY with no offspring or wife relationship in TBOY mapping. Does that mean nothing came out of his relationship with dreamgirl Luoxia in Prequel?

2. Baili Dongjun's sickly buddy Sikong Changfeng in Prequel becomes Lord owner of Xueyue City and with daughter Sikong Qianluo. Yes?

3. Do you know who was Xiao Yi in Prequel? Has he already appeared in prequel? Did he become the Emperor Mingde in TBOY?

4. Xiao Se's father in TBOY is Emperor Mingde. But who is Emperor Mingde in prequel? 

5. i don't see Prequel 2nd ML Ye Dingzhi in TBOY mapping. Isn't he the father of Wuxin aka Ye Anshi?

Could someone please help me understand. Thanks

If you're okay with major spoilers:

1. Baili Dongjun and Yue Yao (fake Luoxia) do get together and get married, but have no children. She's not on the tBoY chart because by then she is dead.

2. Yes.

3. Xiao Yi is the first/founding emperor of Beili. He appears in episode 19. His reigning name is Emperor Tianwu. He is the ancestor of Emperor Mingde.

4. Emperor Mingde is Prince Xiao Ruojin (Xiao Ruofeng/Lord Langya's brother) in the prequel.

5. Yes, Ye Dingzhi is Wuxin's father. He is not on the tBoY chart because by then he is dead.

Thank you so much for the chart. 

I think there is a bit error there. 

Gu Jianmen did not marry Yan Liuli.  She decided to marry his dead brother since the girl only loved him. 

BaekhyunoonaID:

Thank you so much for the chart. 

I think there is a bit error there. 

Gu Jianmen did not marry Yan Liuli.  She decided to marry his dead brother since the girl only loved him. 

I'm aware Yan Liuli didn't officially marry Gu Jianmen, but the original word used was 联姻, which can mean "be related by marriage; form an alliance by marriage; form a partnership; cooperate; to connect by marriage (families, work units)." I considered translating it as "in-laws" but there are specific words for that in Chinese that were not used, so I think they wanted to deliberately make it unclear whether they were getting married, forming an alliance, or were related through marriage. Ultimately I decided to translate it as "marriage" (noun) instead of "married" (verb/adjective, something that happened) because marriage is more ambiguous, and often used as a synonym for "union/alliance," whereas married is more directly associated with being a wedded couple.

As a hint that they don't actually get married, I translated the word between Yan Bietian and Gu Luoli as "murdered," which is past tense, indicating that it actually happened.

Thank you. I suppose they were there for the marriage thus the status. I read that in some traditional marriages, the D day both the bride and groom are present, people already acknowledge them as married whilst for some others, the consummation is the x factor whether they are married or not. 

Much appreciated for the English trans. 

thanks very much, DED, for the info.