Hi, I fulfilled a request to translate the character relationship chart. EDIT: Managed to attach the image in this thread finally! Please click on the image or one of the links below to view it at a higher resolution.

https://imgur.com/a/AU6vgy4

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12s5jvIyNtOcLeSip6iBMymu_VayKRCME/view?usp=sharing

Uploaded to MDL here but please still use the links above to view it at full resolution.

If you're on desktop:
Click the image once to expand on imgur.
Press the + button near the bottom of the screen to expand the image in google drive.

If you're on mobile:
1. Go to "request desktop website" in your browser (under the aA button on iphone's default browser).
2. Follow the steps for desktop.

Translation notes:

• Zi Yi Hou is also officially translated as Marquis Purple Robe (Purple Robed Duke)
  • Tianwaitian is also officially translated as Sky's Beyond.
    The direct translation would be Sky beyond/outside the sky. It may be referencing the fact that a Chinese Emperor is called the son of heaven (天子, where sky = heaven) and rules everything under heaven/the sky (天下). Therefore Tianwaitian can also mean the heaven/sky outside or beyond the Emperor's rule.
  • Yan Liuli didn't officially marry Gu Jianmen, but the original word used was 联姻, which can mean "be related by marriage; form an alliance by marriage; form a partnership; cooperate; to connect by marriage (families, work units)." I considered translating it as "in-laws" but there are specific words for that in Chinese that were not used, so I think they wanted to deliberately make it unclear whether they were getting married, forming an alliance, or were related through marriage. Ultimately I decided to translate it as "marriage" (noun) instead of "married" (verb/adjective, something that happened) because marriage is more ambiguous, and often used as a synonym for "union/alliance," whereas married is more directly associated with being a wedded couple.

As a hint that they don't actually get married, I translated the word between Yan Bietian and Gu Luoli as "murdered," which is past tense, indicating that it actually happened.

• The line between Yue Qing and Ye Dingzhi can also be translated as "utilizing" or "manipulating." 

Hi, thanks for sharing. But image is very blurry for both link and image you shared. Do you have more clear one?

DED:

Hi, I fulfilled a request to translate the character relationship chart. MDL won't let me upload images or attach them directly in the post here for some reason, so please try these links instead:

https://imgur.com/a/AU6vgy4

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12s5jvIyNtOcLeSip6iBMymu_VayKRCME/view?usp=sharing

If it's successfully uploaded later by the staff I'll add the link directly here.

Thank you!

Davaa Zogsoo:

Hi, thanks for sharing. But image is very blurry for both link and image you shared. Do you have more clear one?

If you're on desktop:
Press the + button near the bottom of the screen to expand the image in google drive.

If you're on mobile:
1. Go to "request desktop website" in your browser (under the aA button on iphone's default browser).

DED:

If you're on desktop:

If you're on mobile:

Thank you so much

Thanks! You are awesome!!! 

@DED Is it a bug on your end perhaps? This is on my end uploaded it for you using your imgur link. Just need to right-click and open it in a new tab to increase the image size to see the words.

Cho Na:

@DED Is it a bug on your end perhaps? This is on my end uploaded it for you using your imgur link. Just need to right-click and open it in a new tab to increase the image size to see the words.

Not sure, I managed to upload it to the photo gallery by going into incognito mode, but still keep getting a "something went wrong" message when I try to attach it here.

Wow. Thank you so much! Is there a chart for character relations with Blood of Youth characters? Or is it gonna be spoilery? Haha if yes, nevermind then. Thanks again! ? 

Keiagne:

Wow. Thank you so much! Is there a chart for character relations with Blood of Youth characters? Or is it gonna be spoilery? Haha if yes, nevermind then. Thanks again! ? 

There is one for Blood of Youth characters but it is quite spoilery: https://mydramalist.com/photos/4KzEr_3 or https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlIvoo6aEAAme80?format=jpg&name=4096x4096 

DED:

Not sure, I managed to upload it to the photo gallery by going into incognito mode, but still keep getting a "something went wrong" message when I try to attach it here.

Which link to the picture are you using? You need the so called 'direct link' to the photo, copy it and then use the image button next to the chain symbol. That should work. :)

JulyMoon:

Which link to the picture are you using? You need the so called 'direct link' to the photo, copy it and then use the image button next to the chain symbol. That should work. :)

Wow, thanks so much! I should've thought of that earlier lol. Successfully attached it after right clicking on the imgur image and using the "copy image address" link. Thanks again!

DED:

Wow, thanks so much! I should've thought of that earlier lol. Successfully attached it after right clicking on the imgur image and using the "copy image address" link. Thanks again!

No problem. It took me several tries when I first embedded images on MDL. If you ever want to insert a gif, it's the 'direct gif link' as well. xD 

Thanks DED for the mapping. I've been trying to corelate who's who in the prequel with the sequel The Blood of Youth, but i'm still somewhat lost with certain characters.

1. Baili Dongjun, lead character in Prequel becomes Support only in TBOY with no offspring or wife relationship in TBOY mapping. Does that mean nothing came out of his relationship with dreamgirl Luoxia in Prequel?

2. Baili Dongjun's sickly buddy Sikong Changfeng in Prequel becomes Lord owner of Xueyue City and with daughter Sikong Qianluo. Yes?

3. Do you know who was Xiao Yi in Prequel? Has he already appeared in prequel? Did he become the Emperor Mingde in TBOY?

4. Xiao Se's father in TBOY is Emperor Mingde. But who is Emperor Mingde in prequel? 

5. i don't see Prequel 2nd ML Ye Dingzhi in TBOY mapping. Isn't he the father of Wuxin aka Ye Anshi?

Could someone please help me understand. Thanks