mostly translated by: @wonwoncity on twitter

Xue Jianing — veteran actress who played Feng Yin’s master Feng Yuan
“I want to tell Lusi that meeting her has been a truly remarkable experience for me. Since the first day that we spoke, we have had this strong rapport, and we always talk happily. As more time passed, I began to realize that we shared a certain resonance. And one of the greatest joys in life for me is to find someone who resonates with you and is also interesting. Whenever we talk, I feel that our values, our attitude towards life, and many of our views on acting align closely. What I find interesting is I’m already in my 40s this year, and until today, she was only 24 years old. This fact touches me deeply. The first impression Lusi gave me is that she is cheerful and lively, with the particular straightforwardness of Chengdu girls. But once I got a close connection with her, I found out that she’s a very warm and powerful person at heart. She has been very sincere and dedicated to helping all her friends and the staff around her. So she silently did so many good things and some philanthropic deeds, although she won’t let us talk about this. Every time I see these things, I am particularly moved. I really feel like she is a fairy. Thank heavens* for making her appear in front of me like a fairy. She genuinely brings me a lot of joy.”
[link] 

“She has given me a lot of joy. When I am with her, I just feel like I’ve returned to my childhood, as if the time has been stolen back and I feel happy like a child.”
[link] 

“I really love her voice, it's not just sweet but it also sounds very good over mic. Because I've professional experience with Theatre, so I really think Lusi's voice is very good”
[link]

Ling Zhen He — The Last Immortal’s Dubbing Director
“To perfectly serve the role is a good voice and a good performance.
As a newborn little spiritual beast in the early days, A Yin didn't know anything about the world, so her voice was tender and naive. As time goes on, the character's experience has enriched the voice and gradually matured, and then the Phoenix Emperor came and she transformed into a calm and atmospheric voice. Teacher Zhao Lusi dubbed her own character, combining the different stages of the character's experience, so that the audience can feel the growth of the character from the voice, which is really amazing.”
[link]

Li Yunrui — actor who played Hong Yi / A Jiu

“On The Last Immortal set, Zhao Lusi and I definitely improvised quite a lot on spot. Since we’ve worked together in LLTG before too. While rehearsing, we might’ve acted in one way. And then with every new shot, we might have a fresh kind of idea that comes to our mind. (tacit understanding between partners who have worked together before) So what we get from each other’s signal will be the most up to date one and our acting performance will be very realistic”
[link]

“Initially when I was reading TheLastImmortal Novel, I already visualise A Yin to be Zhao Lusi's  face in my head, and could even imagine her acting performance. While we were acting acting, I just thought that Lusi is A Yin herself.”
[link]

Question: How does it feel to work with Zhao Lusi for the 2nd time?
“Of course, it was very smooth and pleasant. We've worked together once in LLTG so we're old friends. It's definitely even more joyful!”
[link]

Durinh Livestream
Li YunRui: On set, I always eat food given by Lusi, we’re snacking buddies
Wang AnYu: In the filming team, Lusi treats us the most to bubble tea and snacks
[link]

Ying Er — actress who played Hong Ruo
 “On my birthday, it was also Zhao Lusi who prepared a cake for me” (Wang Anyu said Zhao Lusi gave him a birthday cake and Ying Er said Lusi gave her one too)
[link]

Wang Anyu — male lead

[There should be a separate post for this because he doesn’t run out of good things to say about her. But I’ll try my best to collate. 😅] *check next post*

Stand In Actress
“Since I really like her, I was afraid that the image of my idol in my heart would shatter
but when I met her in real life, she was even better than I imagined her to be”
[link to the full livestream she’s talking about Zhao Lusi with eng sub]
[link]
The Last Immortal Staff 高青儿
“Zhao Lusi is our water beast, A Yin who is forever filled with joy and what I like more is your carefreeness & adorableness in real life. You’re worthy of being protected & should always be happy and laughing loudly while showing all your big teeth.”
[link]

“I hope that this girl who loves to smile, will have less worries and distress. always be happy and continue to work hard, never let yourself stop shining.”
[link]

The Last Immortal Crowd Actor
“Zhao Lusi treated us to bubble tea!
who understands how i feel!the last time i was treated to a drink was in summer
(usually when somebody is treating a filming team to drinks, they’ll only give them to the cast and not include the crowd actors)”
op said that lusi made sure to order bubble teas with different sugar levels (including 0, 50%, 100%) to cater to everyone’s needs
[link]

Learn more about Zhao Lusi here: testimonials from people Zhao Lusi actually met and worked with | Love Like The Galaxy Team | Gen Z Team | Hidden Love Team | The Long Ballad Team | Hutong | The Fairy Tales | The Last Immortal Team

Wang Anyu talking about Zhao Lusi

Translated by: @wonwoncity on Twitter
Context: When they were filming The Last Immortal, Lusi’s beloved ill grandfather passed away, as well as 2 of her rescue dogs. There are attacks from black marketing and antis too. On the other hand, Wang Anyu’s struggling with weight loss. So them talking about accompanying and healing each other would be constantly brought up.

I. Wang Anyu’s Solo Interview (wearing a hoodie)

“Overall, filming of The Last Immortal has been a very wonderful memory. In the filming team, Zhao Lusi and I helped each other, kept each other in company and we also gave each other many suggestions for acting and I really learnt a lot of acting from her. As an actor, it was really a very good experience!”
[link] 

Before vs Current impression of #ZhaoLusi
“Before: Cute girl
Now: Cute girl who has great acting ability. She has great understanding of script & role. She’s a girl who brings me a lot of surprises & different feelings with her professionalism and daily personality”
[link] 

“Actually, while filming The Last Immortal, everyone’s mood wasn’t that good because I was losing weight and cutting carbs so I was quite depressed but everyday when I see Zhao Lusi, my mood becomes much better. She healed me and gave me a lot of company.”
[link] 

II. Wang Anyu’s Solo Interview (wearing a black suit)
“Because I had to lose weight quickly for The Last Immortal, I was feeling a little depressed for many periods during filming

but TBH, it was still very joyful while filming together with Zhao Lusi. It’s her personality. On set, she’s able to make  everyone livelier and so I really think that Lusi and I were helping each other and healing each other during the process”
[link] 

III. Wang Anyu’s Interview (wearing TLI costume)

“Lusi is actually very sensitive inside and likes to protect her inner world but as an actress she has to free it so that’s why it’s contradicting. I’ve told her before that loss is normal and we’ll have to get used to it”
[link]  

“Before working with Zhao Lusi in The Last Immortal, I’ve already seen her acting performance, it’s very vivid on set, I realized she’s even more stable at bringing her performance to life I’ve always been saying: I’ve learnt a lot of acting in Costume Dramas from her.”
[link] 

“In this field, I’ve not studied about it before. I’ve adjusted and revised my posture and dialogues so I was learning was ZhaoLusi most of the time”
[link]  

IV. 231215 PressCon

“I saw Lusi for the first time in the Costume Fitting room and she really looked like the A Yin whom I had in mind”
[link] 

In the 4 months that we were filming #TheLastImmortal together, it felt like me and Lusi were healing each other”
[link] 

V. 231223 会火专访 (huihuo) interview  

“She’s very personable on set!”

“On The Last Immortal set, we would protect each other’s emotions and play around with each other.”
[link] 

“While filming The Last Immortal, I had a lot of body movements that were not quite natural and I wasn’t used to them. I had to carry them out in front of the green screen. I have to cue Zhao Lusi Laoshi again, she has helped me a lot in this aspect!!!”
[link] 

I’m pretty sure there are things I’ve missed so feel free to add.

Learn more about Zhao Lusi through: people Zhao Lusi actually met and worked with | Love Like The Galaxy Team | Gen Z Team | Hidden Love Team | The Long Ballad Team | Hutong | The Fairy Tales | The Last Immortal Team