compilation and translation by: @wonwoncity her thread includes videos, interview snippets, etc.

color code: praises for her talent and skills (as an actor), for her personality (as a person), for her physical appearance

Director Han Xiao Jun
I’ll say it truthfully, I really think that Zhao Lusi is a gifted actor sent from heavens. She really has the talent for acting and her understanding of a character is very on point. Her portrayal of a character is very accurate, and it includes her interactions with other actors. I always wish that in all my shows, every character will be a rising tide that lifts all boats.

Wu Gang - veteran actor / Ren Xin Zheng
1. I feel really good pairing up with lusi, she’s a very gifted actress and she’s got an adorable & lively personality! It was actually very tiring filming Hou Lang but as long as she’s present, the atmosphere on set is always joyful!
2. There are many young actors in the filming team, it was very fun filming with them and i learnt a lot!
Zhao Lusi is a diligent young actress who puts in a lot of effort into her work. I think she has great ideas in portraying her character. 
The atmosphere in our drama crew is excellent, and during our breaks, everyone hangs out and plays together
Zhao Lusi is a particularly charismatic actress. Whenever we were setting up for the next scene, Zhao Lusi would even try to teach me and Jiang Shan how to dance, but it was quite challenging. either our hands and feet were not coordinated or our movements were not accurate, which frustrated her a lot.

Jiang Shan - Song Lin Lan / Madam Ren
1. Since Zhao Lusi is born in the same year as my daughter, everytime i see her, i’ll feel like my daughter is by my side. It’s very joyful filming with her! she’s so smart & lovely and is the little fairy on set

2. Zhao Lusi is truly clever and she hasn’t actually learnt acting (professionally) so she really is gifted! Being smart & lovely is her innate character. The most precious thing about her is that her acting is forever accurate no matter how playful she is

Luo Yizhou - Ren Tian Zhen
In real life, she’s indeed a very lively person. so whenever we have scenes together, and for the later part of the shooting period, we could produce some very organic performance! This is her personality and it’s her merit and special quality!

Executive Producer Lu Chao
Zhao Lusi was the FIRST actor within the Houlang acting crew who was signed on to play her role

At that time, she has already gained some popularity through The Romance of Tiger and Rose & Dating In the Kitchen. Although she hasn’t been the main lead for any drama that was broadcast on BOTH TV & web, the production team and platforms had assessed her and agreed thatZhao Lusi has the acting talent! she’s an actress who’s very relaxed and natural in acting and is suitable to be the character “Sun Tou Tou”. Zhao Lusi was very willing to take on the role too but the only issue was her filming schedule!

in 2021, she had already accepted the role for Love Like The Galaxy, so if she were to act in Houlang, she would have to wait till the end of the year. this was 6 months later than the initially planned filming period. between time and quality, Houlang’s production team chose quality. they waited for Zhao Lusi to be available to star in the show and did not rush to schedule for a release

Cao Kefan - veteran actor / Wu Shandao
While filming houlang, looking at a post-95 actress like Zhao Lusi made me understand the meaning of ‘The young generation is to be regarded with respect’

Zhang Meng - Lawyer Roubecca / Yang Xiao Hong
1. Rebecca really dislikes Sun Toutou, but I can’t come to dislike Zhao Lusi at all! It was difficult to act for that. I also wish to ask for Rosy’s secret skincare routine, i’m so envious of her skin condition!
2. Initially, my character didn’t really like LuSi’s character. As a lawyer with enterprising spirit, she couldn’t stand somebody that noisy. But when I saw that she’s so cute while acting, I really want to pinch her cheeks, hug and rub against her. I even told the director, “I really can’t act out this because I really like this girl a lot. It’s so difficult for me to act like this.” It was still the most challenging test for me.
3. I really think there’s no other second candidate who can portray Sun Toutou like Lusi. She’s the chosen one! This character especially requires a person who is an energy core I think Lusi is originally a person with an energy core and she knows how to immerse into her role very well. She’s also very self-consistent and I think she’s very skillful. As the energy core, she was very capable of influencing the atmosphere surrounding the entire filming team! I still remember that during our filming period, I told her that she takes her douyin really well so she replied, “I’ll help you take them!” she even taught me how to film the douyin. She’s just a zealous person and is extremely adorable!

Zhao Zi Qi - Cheng Ying (Also a co-actor in LLTG)
Zhao Lusi is quite clever! She’s like a pixie, very lively and adorable!

Zhu Jun Lin - Zhao Li Quan
I’m grateful towards Lusi for joking with me after i film every emotional scene, which helped me to relieve a lot of my depressing emotions.

John Zhou - Pedia Peng Shi Yan
I am Zhao Lusi’s fan, a super fan! I’m going to pick a photograph and then seek Zhao laoshi’s autograph.

Click here for more: testimonials from people Zhao Lusi actually met and worked with | Love Like The Galaxy Team on Zhao Lusi | Hidden Love Team on Zhao Lusi | The Long Ballad Team on Zhao Lusi | Hu Tong

Thank you for this sweet condensed compilation of snippets about "Rosy" Zhao Lu Si, who is indeed carrying this drama. It is evident, from BTS and those assessments, that she is a hard working person with an infectious optimism, who wins the heart of those who work with her, in addition to the enthusiasm of those who belong to her "keluli" fandom group. It is acknowledged that despite her lack of conventional acting education, she is a "natural talent" who is a desirable asset for productions and eagerly awaited by audiences and media.

I am amused by John Zhou writing that he wanted an autographed picture of his idol : surely that small wish must have come true already, him being close enough as a co-worker to ask for one at a pause. 

pictures from the net and collectors (there are different types of autographs)

I hope he also had the opportunity to appreciate her favorite dessert: I too enjoy canelés - once in a while with a nice cup of coffee, because that dessert is not to be eaten every day by the weight watchers lol.  But I am sure that ZLS is reasonable about her figure : she always looks comfortable with her body and has been kind enough to share her skin care routines for interested netizens. She also takes good care of her mindset: it was nice to see the recordings of BTS where she played the guzheng and games, danced or sang to her heart's content like she did in pauses on the shooting of LLTG. I hope she had similar fun on the shooting of Houlang and still had time for her pets and her near-and-dear ones, and to get over her reported mourning of a grand-parent that explained her absence from a recent media event and lesser media presence for a while. 

Of course, ZLS is among my top favorite actresses from C-dramas now: I have enjoyed most of her dramas, reading and watching news about her, and adding her to the already long list of screen C-ent stars who I am interested in the work and personality of. Some of those are her friends, others are reputedly her foes : it is a lively and diverse human crowd. But let's hope that her dissenters (and some over eager fans) will be more reasonable and stop the tiring skirmishes around the "odd" one who learned her craft while once impishly saying she first chose to study costume because it would not "tax her brains" and she could have fun being beauty queen and archery champ far from home, an experience that she perhaps drew on to portray the rebellious young Toutou lapping in knowledge while cat napping, apparently aloof and unconcerned but ears pricked up nonetheless! The benevolent Master Ren  in the drama illustrates the tolerance and humility that does not contradict confidence in oneself. Just as the world is not a static form but something that is continually coming into being, "there are many different kinds of trees in the forest". And there are many different paths towards the Way of the Dao.

picture from a biographic article on Luju Bar 2021

Thank you for posting this.  It is always nice to see how other actors, producers, staff, and cast in general feel about one of your favorite actors.  Lu Si truly seems to be a very warm hearted and outgoing and sweet person, just from every drama and interview, and news I have seen of her.  

@Frost_edelweiss

Every drama is a collaboration of many people.  I’m just happy she experienced another realism drama and learned from the people she worked with here.

It seems like Lusi and John Zhou are friends. She keeps teasing him in the livestream. Playful bickering among friends.

MJN:

Thank you for posting this.  It is always nice to see how other actors, producers, staff, and cast in general feel about one of your favorite actors.  Lu Si truly seems to be a very warm hearted and outgoing and sweet person, just from every drama and interview, and news I have seen of her.  

You’re welcome. Here’s more if you’re interested: LLTG Team on Zhao Lusi [MDL FORUM]

[TWITTER THREADS] How Zhao Lusi is as a person and as an actress: according to LLTG Team, Co-workers, Co-workers, Passersby and Fans, and Gen Z Team

Zhang Meng spoke highly of ZLS again. This time about her improvisations. Just waiting for the translation before adding to the post. :)