The drama has finally ended but Weibo still generates a lot of discussion surrounding the ending.

The tag is #想见你彩蛋有三个版本# if you are able to read Chinese.

I can’t read Chinese so this is translated from the admin of the drama discussion group on FB. She’s been amazing in keeping Vietnamese fans updated.

When the leak happened, the production team already had 3 versions of the ending written out and were planning to shoot and add onto the finale using either one of them BUT they decided not to since the official version already has the best ending. 

Even the after credit has 3 versions:

1. LZW (37) is listening to Wu Bai’s Last Dance and suddenly remembers the running in the rain scene so he picked up his pen and started to draw. HYX saw and got jealous (imo: parallel to one of the scene in the drama perhaps?)

They ditched this one because the director wanted to include MJJ and CYR. Personally like the age gap in this more.

2. LZW (27-28) and HYX (17) were at the office. LZW asked what she was doing here and HYX thought he forgot her birthday so she angrily turned away in disappointment. In typical LZW fashion, he took out the cake to celebrate her birthday. Looking in through the window from the outside, MJJ turned to CYR and said “LZW is already at this age but he is still pulling childish tricks like this” 

The director still didn‘t like it, feels like there should be a transition.
Personally I‘m not sure about this because well, letting CYR sees someone who looks exactly like her is weird. The age gap is too in your face for my liking :))) 

3. Is the after credit you saw. You can watch them officially on the drama’s FB page.

Note that this is the 3 versions of the after credit and not the actual ending. 

What do you guys think? 

I honestly think they are the best production team ever. They still retain the ideal, carefully thought out ending that they want but still feed the viewers’ desire for a clear happy ending.

Side note: The rating at the beginning is 0.5 (?) and the finale is around 2.32. Could it have broken 3% if it didn’t get leaked? I don’t think so because the airing hour is 10pm Sunday night. From my Japanese drama experience, it’s not a good hour but Idk if it’s applicable for other countries. Moreover, this drama caters to younger gen so people might be watching online instead. 

There could be a movie in the making but it’s not going to tell the story anymore than this. 

It’s also surprising that the drama is considered an idol drama despite everyone is considered too old to play in this type of drama except Patrick. Probably the highest rated idol drama on Douban by a long shot :)))) 

I'm glad they picked #3. Number 1 lacks transition. Number 2 is just plainly weird. Number 3 is good transition from the ending credit without it going into pedophile realm

I liked the 3rd ending but I think I didn't fully understand it. Even if I loved the 3rd ending, the 2nd one would have been easier to understand and I would have loved to see that. But I don't have any complaint about this drama. It was perfect.

I want to make sure I understand the after credit ending that they posted. But first I need to make sure I understand the actual ending of the show. It shows the two on the bike in 1999 and then again I’m assuming in 2019. I’m assuming that means it’s supposed to show that he kept his promise and didn’t forget about her.

And if that’s true then the after credit with the birthday cake is supposed to be the little girl at age 17. And it sounds like she called him Zi Wei Ge (big brother) so I’m assuming that means that he continue to know her till she got older. But without all the drama of the back-and-forth thing. Am I understanding this correctly? It looks like she’s in a uniform which would make sense because she’s 11 years younger than him and would be 17 and still in HS if he’s 28. I’m not entirely sure how I feel about that but at the same time with how sad I was over the ending I’m kind of OK with that. But I’m not sure. I just wanna make sure I understand both endings. 

So I just started this drama I am shcoked to know that there are 3 endings! May I know where I can watch all this endings? I want to save them to when I finish the drama. 

banana:

So I just started this drama I am shcoked to know that there are 3 endings! May I know where I can watch all this endings? I want to save them to when I finish the drama. 

Actually you can’t watch them. When they say that there’s three endings they mean that there were three original endings written but only one was actually filmed and that is the one that you see at the end of the show. However, that being said there was a little extra bonus scene that they filmed and aired the next day after the finale ended. I think you can find it here in the thread if not I can always link you to it. It’s very cute but do not watch it until you’ve seen the whole show. 

DJRuth79:

Actually you can’t watch them. When they say that there’s three endings they mean that there were three original endings written but only one was actually filmed and that is the one that you see at the end of the show. However, that being said there was a little extra bonus scene that they filmed and aired the next day after the finale ended. I think you can find it here in the thread if not I can always link you to it. It’s very cute but do not watch it until you’ve seen the whole show. 

thank you!!!

Thank you for translating this information!

I just finished this show and feel bad for thinking this, but part of me wished, the epilogue hadn't been filmed because of the large age gap. 

Based on his expressions, it seems grown-up LZW already likes HYX who's still wearing her school uniform. They're most likely not together yet, but it's still strange. Imagine you were around 27: could you really fall in love with a high school student who's around 17?

If only HXY was a tiny bit older. Then we would have watched a college student carrying the birthday cake and nobody would think about the odd age gap.

melontea:

Thank you for translating this information!

I just finished this show and feel bad for thinking this, but part of me wished, the epilogue hadn't been filmed because of the large age gap. 

Based on his expressions, it seems grown-up LZW already likes HYX who's still wearing her school uniform. They're most likely not together yet, but it's still strange. Imagine you were around 27: could you really fall in love with a high school student who's around 17?

If only HXY was a tiny bit older. Then we would have watched a college student carrying the birthday cake and nobody would think about the odd age gap.

Yes, that was one issue I had with it as well. I think the epilogue was sweet but it would’ve been a little better if it had been his 38th birthday or something then she would’ve been in her late 20s.