I have watched this show four times now, and like other shows I asked myself some "what if" questions to imagine different outcomes, or a completely different story if you move a few pieces.

I am happy about the ending for this one, but I cannot stop thinking how things could have been different, and sometimes even better for some characters if they made different choices.

Feel free to imagine with me how things could have been different.

My favorite lead is the male lead, because he is honest, I did not think he deserved to go through so much pain to find love. I got this idea from a comment I read, and the reply I had not long ago; and is based on the fact that while fell for her as soon as he saw her, I am sure that after they met and shared that one was taken and the other had a child, if the female lead walked away, she would have lived in regret for the rest of her life for losing the chance to love someone for real, but after some time in pain I strongly believe that the male lead would have found a person to love and a person that would love him unconditionally and without causing him so much pain. 

Here is my take:

After they shared their reality that night in the pharmacy, Jung In wanted to keep Ji  Ho close, but he gave up to the weight of everything around her, and instead of asking him to be friends, said that she would never cheat of her boyfriend and to not misunderstand her since she was not interested him. After some time, she would marry Gi Seok after everyday fights and his father scheming; on the other hand, Ji Ho would learn about the wedding, and maybe even assist to just make his pain greater, but that would be the last time he would feel pain for a woman, at least pain at the cost of not loving himself enough.

Ji Ho would slowly but surely still remember the way he felt when he met Jung In, but save it in his memories as a nice and warm moment of his past and nothing else.

After some time he would meet a kind nice girl that just finished college and cannot find a job, so after saving her from an uncomfortable situation because she had not enough money to pay for the food for the blind date that never showed up, he ended up being that blind date. While not falling in love right away, he would naturally become her friend, and she would learn about his family and that he is a single that, but different from everyone else she would treat him like a normal person and not a flawed one like his mom likes to call it. 

Jung In would most likely be divorced only a few months in after her marriage, but having lost her chance she would try to approach Ji Ho, but now is too late since he found someone who he can love and not at the expense of his own self.