Did anyone else notice the camera effect they use whenever they're inside houses? It mimics early 2000s style with washed colors and red-green edges; I love how the production went further to create this look AaaAh. Makes the show much more endearing and also like one of those "potato star" like shows.

Haha this is an interesting way of saying a drama is low budget 

kaush:

Did anyone else notice the camera effect they use whenever they're inside houses? It mimics early 2000s style with washed colors and red-green edges; I love how the production went further to create this look AaaAh. Makes the show much more endearing and also like one of those "potato star" like shows. 

I noticed but couldn't figure out if it was 2000s style or even earlier.  I don't think it's low budget since almost all k drama film part of their indoor scenes in studios. They do a pretty good job to make it look real. However, if you watch any if those behind the scene interview or production visit clip, it is obvious they are all studios. 

Same, I doubt its low budget. especially given how good the outdoor scenes are. If you pause at the right moments, you can even see subtle green and red edges against objects. This is very reminiscent of older cameras. I doubt its the budget that made them pick the cameras, and that too only for the indoor scenes.

this is the same house used in fated to love you  with jang nara  

sorry talking about the house they are using it is in a another drama  called fated to love you starring jang nara 

Found it on Viki. It's a 2014 production, with 20 episodes. 

DawnHornby:

sorry talking about the house they are using it is in a another drama  called fated to love you starring jang nara 

The same house was also in Tales of New Gisaeng, Successful Story of a Bright Girl, and a couple of others I can’t recall off the top of my head. 

kaush:

Same, I doubt its low budget. especially given how good the outdoor scenes are. If you pause at the right moments, you can even see subtle green and red edges against objects. This is very reminiscent of older cameras. I doubt its the budget that made them pick the cameras, and that too only for the indoor scenes.

They must be using mainly fixed shots, all the actors are grouped, so they can put the camera in one place. The set dressing is terrible, and the inside dimensions never match the outside.

I’m not sure if what I am thinking it what you mean but maybe it is :) 

for both of these the ost definitely had a huge role is making it feel very nostalgic to me but also the cinematography and particularly in The Forbidden Flower the colouring over some scenes in the beginning made me feel like I was in a dream remembering beautiful memories. When I say nostalgia I don’t mean that I relate to anything that is happening in these shows but just the way they were put together gave me that feeling that you get when you are nostalgic. 

I’ll See You In My 19th Life - Kdrama 

The Forbidden Flower - Cdrama

both of these are romances