I have not seen this option on any other comment site. 

I do not believe it is needed.

I believe the responsibility for not getting spoiled lies with the reader, not the poster. It doesn't make sense for anyone who does not want to get spoiled to be visiting a comments of a drama where people are going to discuss what happened.

On any drama, there are tons of spoilers anyways because most people don't even hide their spoilers.

"Hide spoilers" make reading others' posts more inconvenient and alot of times their comments won't even get read.

0votes

I disagree 100% and think we actually need MORE spoiler tags, and not less.

I absolutely disagree.

Comment section is indeed created to talk about TV series or movies, but not all comments have to be about certain episode and what happened in it.

Some people just want to talk about general stuff about the TV series/movie. Spoiler option is quite optional I think? If you want to read spoilers, do open the hidden comment and if not, just continue reading. 

People should have an option to not see spoilers if they do not want to. 

disagree

why spoiler tag : People discuss the plot so spoiler tag is necessary. to not ruined the enjoyment of other people. People even put their negative comments in spoiler tags so as not to offend fans of that content or their enjoyment. 

users want spoiler: if reader wants spoiler talk  then . I am a spoiler lover myself . Even if someone tells me the whole story from beginning to end, I don't mind. And there will be some people like me whose motive is curiosity to know what they are watching themselves without spoiling the rest of the user's entertainment.

user don't want spoiler : There are many users who communicate without discussing spoilers. Going to the comment section does not mean that they want spoilers. There are many things to talk about besides spoilers. So that those people can avoid it, hence the spoiler tag is necessary.

people don't use spoiler tags:  are irresponsible when discussing something spoiled. For that, all you can do is report against either comment or  the user. 

Seeker of Truth:
"Hide spoilers" make reading others' posts more inconvenient and alot of times their comments won't even get read.

i don't think so . If you want to read spoiler then open it otherwise it is completely up to you.

I don't mind spoilers, but I disagree to this as well.

I also disagree.  Posting spoilers on purpose is just rude anyway imo.

If anything, I want more spoiler tags and better ones. I would love to be able to hide certain parts of a review or a sentence of my comments but leave other relevant information in one posting.

Spoilers are very important for movies and series. I want to be able to glance through the comments and see if a series includes/excludes certain things without ruining the ending or a plot point of the series. 

For example, if I am looking for a BL series, and I am not sure by the tags whether it is all BL or maybe the BL couple is just  a small bit part, I will look through the reviews or the comments. If I am not sure whether it is a happy or sad story, I will try to go by the comments and reviews to judge whether it is something I want to watch now or when I am in a different mood, or not at all.