Aoi:

I am able to view your downvotes, and it appears that only three of your reviews have been downvoted, with a higher ratio. However, there is no indication that these downvotes are specifically targeting your reviews. The rest of your reviews are all positive.

Thanks, but that wasn't my issue, I know that I got many more upvotes than downvotes and that only a handful of my reviews got "mass-downvoted". My issue is that I have many reviews with at least one downvote, and I'd like to know whether those downvotes come from the same user(s). Could you please tell me if there are (and in that case, how many) people who downvoted, say, 3 or more of my reviews? I would consider those as being targeting me, as I explained with the TripAdvisor example ("it's clear you don't like that restaurant, why do you keep going there?").
Let me just add that in any case I still think that downvoting should be removed completely, so as to avoid any potential abuse and ensure that way a more positive environment. Let reviews be judged solely by how many people *like* them! Many thanks in advance! ^____-

Aoi Community Manager

Once more, all of your other reviews are positive, implying there are hardly any downvotes. 

pash:
tell me if there are (and in that case, how many) people who downvoted, say, 3 or more of my reviews

Yes, it's those three reviews, but the downvotes occurred over a period of months.

As someone who has gotten their fair share of multiple downvotes, I think you should not overly focus on them. Its par for the course, everyone who writes reviews gets them and over time, it all gets worked out bc I look for reviewers  I like to read, I don't really care that much how they are sorted. .  Your reviews may well be fair, constructive and helpful but there are a TON of reviews that really are not. Some of them just post nothing short of nonsense. When I see that I downvote it almost automatically. It helps properly sort the review section. 

Aoi:
Once more, all of your other reviews are positive, implying there are hardly any downvotes. 

Once again, I apologize but it seems like I can't get my point through....>____<
Please allow me to better explain by going more into details:
I just checked my reviews listed by their "usefulness", so that I'll know that if a review with N+1 upvotes is listed AFTER one with N upvotes, it means the former got downvoted at least once. Using this method I calculated that roughly one third of my reviews (93 out of 285) got at least one downvote. There could be more, and a handful of them have received more than just one downvote, but with this method that's all I can infer so let's limit ourselves to those figures.
Now, am I losing my marbles over a hundred or so downvotes when just my top8 most upvoted reviews make up for that (and then some)? Of course not.
BUT.
What I'm suspecting is that those 93+ downvotes did not come from 93+ users, but rather that a relevant part of them might come from a handful of people who each downvoted, who knows, 5, or 10, or 20 of my reviews.
In my humble opinion, if that were the case, it would mean that those people would clearly being targeting me. 'Cause if you know that you don't like what I write (perhaps because we have different opinions, ideas, tastes etc.) why should you keep reading my reviews (or pretending to)?!?

And this is point #1. More personal and therefore less important, on a general scale.

Then comes point #2, which is what made me decide to open this topic:
Regardless of whether I'm being targeted or not, the real issue (and that's a general one, regarding us all) is that the system, as is, is RIFE FOR ABUSE.
People COULD use the system to target other users.
Why should we keep a system like that?
Once again, we can LIKE posts but not DISLIKE them.
It's simple, efficient and makes for a healthy, friendly and positive environment.
Why can't we adopt the same system for reviews?
Why the need for downvotes, and even more importantly, why the anonimity?
All that can be easily exploited.
Haters gonna hate anyway, you might say.
Fine, but why should we keep making things easier for them?

As they say in court: I rest my case, Your Honor.

Aoi Community Manager

I give up since you seem to have all the data already. Best of luck and have a good day.

With the increasing number of fanbots / people who open multiple accounts with different IDs just to vote their favourite drama with 10s, or to gang up against other members who have an opinion they don't agree with - I seriously think Pash's proposal is a great idea. Nobody is against people disagreeing with a review or opinion, but its when people purposely attack another that the problem begins. 

Easy to say we shouldn't focus on the negative and continue reviewing / posting comments, but when it happens time and time again, it can be so discouraging. And the fact is like Pash pointed out, I am seeing an increasing number of users with an agenda to downvote reviews of people they do not like. I can't remember the exact accounts but I have seen this happening in some other user's reviews as well, especially Korean and Chinese dramas, where people cannot take another person disliking a drama of their favourite actor / actress.

I personally feel this function makes it really easy to target the user, rather than truly answer the question of what made the review unhelpful? To be honest, if you don't like the review, leave a comment or don't like it. I don't understand the 'dislike' function AT ALL.

I cannot vote because I have insufficient points but I agree with the above user. 

If I see a user who I really dislike and find rude I will be honest I would want to downvote their review  but doing that is actually not fair to them. I see this happening in the comments section of so many Korean dramas like 1 comment criticizing the drama and so many people start name calling and even message with vulgarities so I am not going to doubt the topic maker's experience with ppl downvoting because they are targeting her.

Lets think about it. We find a review helpful because we liked it and agree with it. Same way we find a review unhelpful because we don't agree with it. But just because you don't agree with the review, does it really make it unhelpful? People clearly abuse this system. I am guilty of it. 

I think @Pash has a valid point.

SallyIsHere:
But just because you don't agree with the review, does it really make it unhelpful?

In some cases, yes.

There is one user who I know will write a scathing review of certain types of drama. They seem to watch every damn one of them, and proceed give a horrible review. You can go through their history and see that every series of a certain genre greatly annoys them, and they are very vocal about it.  Not sure why they torture themselves like that, but that is off topic.  In any case, their reviews aren't really helpful to others (or myself) in my opinion. 

I have also seen rambling diatribes that literally retells the whole series in a review. Nobody wants to read a blow-by-blow recap of the whole series in a review. Unnecessary for them to write that review, and I downvote.

I also think there are some who write reviews that are bad or hateful against certain actors/actresses (or the series they appear in).  I might give a bad review of an actor on occasion, but this goes way beyond that. Again, once you see a pattern of a certain person doing so, it is quite obvious what they are doing.  They are unhelpful, and get a downvote from me. 

There are other situations that also get my downvote, but these are some examples of why I would vote to keep downvotes.