[Suggestion] Change ratings without "updating entry"

This discussion has been closed.

Hi. I often change ratings on older shows i have viewed and noticed that after doing so it automatically updates on the profile so that it looks as if I just completed it. Is it possible to have an option such as in myanimelist where you can change ratings/notes etc. without that happening? Thanks for reading.
158votes
I totally agree with this suggestion! :)
Did you try changing the rating without sharing it?
Hessa Volunteer Staff
Even if you don't share it, it will still look like you just completed the movie/drama when you change the rating.
I agree. I really wish that simply changing a score didn't make it look like you just completed the series. It's the only thing I'd like to see fixed about this site. 
I like this suggestion, and am all for it!
Also, there isn't a method to clear a rating (only deleting that show from your list and adding it again).
this would be so helpful, sometimes after thinking a rating over I change it and then it appears on my recent update list although it's been a while
Undoubtedly *the* feature I want the most! I'm refraining from updating old ratings because of that problem. And as Ralwka suggested, a way to clear a rating is also much needed.
I'm happy I'm not the only one who feels the same way! When I first made my MDL account I quickly added all the shows I had seen so far without adding ratings, and every so often I get nostalgic and remember my favorite shows only to see that I left the rating blank. I like to rank my shows so I can see which genres I find the most entertaining but I wouldn't want to give off the notion that I had just watched the show! :O
yeah that bothers me too. oh wow this was suggested in 2015...

I'd love this too, I hate when I update a rating and it gets displayed on my profile as if I recently watched a drama/film.

Updated: Status will not update if previously marked as completed.

Ji-N:

Updated: Status will not update if previously marked as completed.

It doesn't work, it might be a bug.

Up! I really hope you guys can do this it has been bugging me forever. Not just when I change the rating but also when I set a drama as rewatched or give it a higher priority. I'd be great if it just didn't show up in my updated list or if it does it should state what I've updated so instead of always showing "completed" show that I've changed the rating or something else.