Hello,

I have just watched the latest Running man episode - 373 and I cannot add it in my list since it says the latest episode is 372.
I assume episode count has to be edited manually by someone.
Wouldn't it be better to have a script/logic that increases episode count +1 for a long running variety shows. In case it ends, gets postponed, then of course someone will have to edit it to correct numbering.
However it's much simpler to make edits in these specific cases rather than every week.

Anyways, please update RM episode count :D

0votes

I think something like running man should just have an infinite episode counter until it is finished airing. Just like the big animes OP/DC etc

why are variety shows now considered a drama? thats kinda very far fetched. this shudnt be my asian list. it shud be mydramalist. 

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 bannie:

I think something like running man should just have an infinite episode counter until it is finished airing. Just like the big animes OP/DC etc

why are variety shows now considered a drama? thats kinda very far fetched. this shudnt be my asian list. it shud be mydramalist. 

umm... this site has always been for Asian dramas and movies and this year they decided to add variety shows as well because users asked for them. 

Variety shows are not dramas though, just how this site is not exclusively for dramas. 

There's a reason your list is now called 'My Watchlist' instead of 'My Dramalist' too. :D

Yuanwei:

umm... this site has always been for Asian dramas and movies and this year they decided to add variety shows as well because users asked for them. 

Variety shows are not dramas though, just how this site is not exclusively for dramas. 

There's a reason your list is now called 'My Watchlist' instead of 'My Dramalist' too. :D

i see. thats quite a waste. seems like its just going to become more messy like teh other mydramalist. i think that one was created first and 5 years ago google actually brought me there first and i actually signed up there but left pretty soon after because it was a huge mess. full of random stuff not related to dramas. maybe its time the website changed name too then so thats its not misleading.  but yeah overall very disappointed. the korean part has already completely taken over so its now already "kdl" and im now shocked to know its also going to be worse with this variety show thing. 

but yeah i agree with OP that for ongoign show with no end date it should be episode/- like how its done in MAL and anilist. 

I was having this issue with Law of the Jungle.  I agree that ongoing variety/reality shows like Law and the Jungle and Running Man, should have an infinite episode counter, if possible.