ASTER:

thanks for o2 production

Whenever Vietnam is discussed on this post, people only talk about bl. Are mostly bl dramas produced there?  No offense but LGBTQ+ content is not in my priority. If there is any material on other genre tag themes, from veitnam  I would definitely like to explore it. thanks.

Look on Viki. 

their is none vietnam content

ASTER:
Whenever Vietnam is discussed on this post, people only talk about bl. Are mostly bl dramas produced there?

BL just gets talked about more by international fans writing in English because it's a distinctive but relatively small genre within any country, even Thailand, and it isn't dominated by South Korean and Chinese output the way every other genre is. There's just more room in the genre for SEA countries who are otherwise shut out of English-language conversations on Asian dramas.

ASTER:

I too have looked on Viki and found nothing.

ASTER:

Wow! More than 700 votes. Does Vietnam really produce good dramas and movies. Because I have neither seen one nor heard of one, not anywhere. Even in MDL I have not seen anyone promoting or talking about Vietnamese content. Apart from this post which only talks about adding vietnam.
Just curiosity!

here's a list to get you started: https://asianwanderlust.com/en/best-vietnamese-dramas/

Tsuliwaensis:

here's a list to get you started: https://asianwanderlust.com/en/best-vietnamese-dramas/

THANKS!!!

There are also mentions of Vietnamese dramas further back in this chat.

ASTER:

That’s interesting because my Viki lists 28 Vietnamese films and one drama (the films include Goodbye Mother which is fantastic. ) Not sure why you’re not able to see them - maybe they‘re not available in your region 

newbiefan:

I too have looked on Viki and found nothing.

Did you try looking with the filter on? Maybe they’re not showing in your region then. 

Popcxqueen:
maybe they‘re not available in your region 

maybe! 

Tsuliwaensis:
here's a list to get you started: https://asianwanderlust.com/en/best-vietnamese-dramas/

thanks, Will have to take help from Google search

ASTER:

maybe! 

thanks, Will have to take help from Google search

I highly recommend it, it's how I found the list XD

Elisheva:
isn't dominated by South Korean and Chinese output the way every other genre is

hmm  got your point thanks

Another channel that has LGBT content is MCV Media (on Youtube), and specifically the talk show Come Out is a long running series. They have other LGBT shows that pop up on occasion on that channel as well.  Real Life seems to have a few episodes, as well as Lunch Date. They also made My Monster in Law 2, a BL series. 

That is a fraction of the content on that channel, I would say the LGBT stuff is maybe 25% of the total content on there.

This suggestion has been 6 years now. PLS add Vietnam! I want to add the Vietnamese BLs I watched onto my list.

Vietnam has arrived. Its population as almost as large as Philippines, and in terms of GDP slightly larger. It's a popular tourist destination. The quality of its dramas is getting quite good. Time to add it to MDL.

Voted. Please consider adding Vietnamese dramas to MDL.