My suggestion is to move the heart button to the end of the article so it’s more noticeable.

For years I’ve be using MDL without ever knowing that there was a heart button for liking articles. It wasn’t until someone pointed it out that I noticed. Now I feel bad for all the articles where I missed using this feature. Adding the button at the end will let more people use it.

17votes

I don't know if this was suggested before but i hope there's a way i can find all the articles i hearted. Or a way to save articles so I can read or reread when i have the time.

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff

I voted for this, but imo the one at the top should stay as well. 

Apparently there is also a left bar on the desktop version of the site where there are buttons for sharing it on different platforms and also the like button. But I use MDL zoomed in on the laptop, so it's not that visible. I checked on the mobile version, and it's not visible at all there.

So maybe we need a new bar at the end of the article where the like button and share buttons can be added so everyone can notice them. XD

I vote yes! This is a great idea, it'll be very noticeable when going to comment/etc.

xxmai Volunteer Staff

I second this, as well. Would love to have that little bar both on top and at the bottom, as I easily forget to go back up to like it.

I think having the button both at the top and bottom of the article would be helpful. I also agree with dramaworld that being able to go through previously hearted articles would be a useful feature.