Pakistani dramas are getting more popular internationally and have more accessible English subtitles now via Netflix, international TV network subtitles and dubbing, as well as other apps/websites. Episodes are also similar in length and duration to Chinese dramas, and in general are more critically acclaimed compared to Indian drama serials.  Lollywood isn't as big, so the additions to the movie sector would likely also be easier compared to Bollywood, which is much more expansive. Not saying an Indian category shouldn't be added, but I think a Pakistani one would be a nice shuttle to eventually add an Indian category which is much more daunting.

21votes

Bumping this thread  as I have recently started watching Pakistani dramas (after being in  a Kdrama slump for quite a while) on the recommendation of a friend, and I am well and truly sucked in!. 

I can see from the lack of comments on this page that maybe not many Pak drama fans out there well at least in MDL lol I would like to keep track of my Pak dramas and discuss with others so if the powers that be at MDL (Skye are you still the King of Kings?) are not thinking of adding Pak dramas to MDL database please could someone recommend other sites. I haven't found anything so far... :(

Bumping/necroing this, but I like Pakistani dramas as well. I've watched done called ehd e wafa, and while it is a military drama, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Aquamaraqua:

Pakistani dramas are getting more popular internationally and have more accessible English subtitles now via Netflix, international TV network subtitles and dubbing, as well as other apps/websites. Episodes are also similar in length and duration to Chinese dramas, and in general are more critically acclaimed compared to Indian drama serials.  Lollywood isn't as big, so the additions to the movie sector would likely also be easier compared to Bollywood, which is much more expansive. Not saying an Indian category shouldn't be added, but I think a Pakistani one would be a nice shuttle to eventually add an Indian category which is much more daunting.

I really agree about the general feel of Pakistani dramas being more similar to other dramas already allowed on MDL! I don't have a lot of experience with South Asian dramas, but the Indian dramas I have seen felt more akin to telenovelas or American soaps whereas Pakistani dramas are almost more of a middle ground between soaps and "Asian" dramas. Again, at least in my experience.

zeesqueere:
the Indian dramas I have seen felt more akin to telenovelas

i agree i watched them its kind of soap opera telenovelas .  When I feel like watching family melodramas, I watch Indian dramas. they are good.