When you change the rating of a drama that you watched years ago, it gets added into the stats of the current year's Year in Review, because it is not calculated by the date you completed the drama, rather when you modified the rating.

I think it would be best if the Year in Review stats were based on the year you completed the drama/film, not the year you rated it.

Ideally users will enter a “Finish Date” in the Advanced settings for all their dramas/films, and the system can calculate based on those dates. This would potentially even allow accurate statistics to be calculated for years before people created their accounts. If people do not enter a “Finish Date,” then the calculation can just be based on when the show was marked as “Completed.”

15votes

BTW, the way the system decides which dramas/films you rated in what year is also really weird. I created my account late last year and added ratings to pretty much everything on my List. However, I also changed the ratings of some things in early January. Even though I did rate those dramas/films in 2020, they were taken out of my 2020 Review, so my 2020 Year Review stats actually do not include all the films/dramas I rated in 2020.

Agreed, my top rated dramas wasn't accurate either for the same reason you listed there (re-rated old dramas) hopefully this can be fixed. 

I think it would also be nice if our Year in Review would update when we make changes to our List.