I like that we have a top 100 contributors section, and I was wondering if we could have a page with the top 3 contributors for each country (similar to stars leaderboard)? I think it'll give some credit to contributors of less popular countries for edits (ex. Philippines)~~

16votes

A separate top for each country would be a cool way to know more people from your country! I guess the privacy could be an issue tho (?) Maybe some users don't want others to know where are they from (?)  

emmagucci:

A separate top for each country would be a cool way to know more people from your country! I guess the privacy could be an issue tho (?) Maybe some users don't want others to know where are they from (?)  

Ohh I was thinking more about top contributors for Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, etc. As in the current MDL approved countries we can submit edits for. Ex. "Top 3 contributors for Korea" or something like that.

But I do like your idea as well! Some people put where they are from in their bio already, so maybe we can have some kind of filter to search up users by (maybe in the friend section)?

1. There are many people who have not filled the space of the country.
2. There are many people who have not used their native land but a false place due to privacy.

3. some of them given their real places.

if you want top contributor country-wise so your data should be accurate. mdl has no accurate data about users and their countries. Your suggestion is beyond practical for now or may I say invalid.

olivestulip:
Ohh I was thinking more about top contributors for Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, etc. As in the current MDL approved countries we can submit edits for. Ex. "Top 3 contributors for Korea" or something like that.

If you're talking about users as contributors in this site then it must include all users from the world whoever using this site . Not only those citizens whose country is included in the site, then it will be unfair to others.

your suggestion has some issues so it's invalid .

BLOOM:

1. There are many people who have not filled the space of the country.
2. There are many people who have not used their native land but a false place due to privacy.

3. some of them given their real places.

if you want top contributor country-wise so your data should be accurate. mdl has no accurate data about users and their countries. Your suggestion is beyond practical for now or may I say invalid.

If you're talking about users as contributors in this site then it must include all users from the world whoever using this site . Not only those citizens whose country is included in the site, then it will be unfair to others.

your suggestion has some issues so it's invalid .

Sorry for the confusion. I am talking about the current MDL-approved countries for new title/person submissions: Hong Kong, China, South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Thailand, Philippines. So it would be the "top 3 contributors for [country]" (3 users per country, for 7 countries), NOT "top 3 contributors from [country]" (3 users per country, for "x" amount of countries).

Hope that clears things up :)

(Just also want to point out that an idea having "issues" is not sufficient for it being invalid. Please be careful about using words incorrectly - to another user, it may appear quite hurtful.)

as I mentioned above they are no accurate data for the country.

don't you think it's unfair to those users who are not users from one of the 7 countries you/mdl mention.  anyway, I've my doubts/thoughts I just put forward.  lets the MDL users and authorities decide it. 

olivestulip:
hurtful

I don't mean to disrespect you, good luck

BLOOM:

as I mentioned above they are no accurate data for the country.

don't you think it's unfair to those users who are not users from one of the 7 countries you/mdl mention.  anyway, I've my doubts/thoughts I just put forward.  lets the MDL users and authorities decide it. 

I don't mean to disrespect you, good luck

You're still misunderstanding here.

The idea olivestulip suggested here is, a contributor page that'll show usernames/contributors names who made most(top 3) contributions/edits for those specific 7 countries that are allowed here in mdl. This suggestion has nothing to do with the user's country or location.

Elite:

You're still misunderstanding here.

The idea olivestulip suggested here is, a contributor page that'll show usernames/contributors names who made most(top 3) contributions/edits for those specific 7 countries that are allowed here in mdl. This suggestion has nothing to do with the user's country or location.

Thank you :3

OK I UNDERSTAND .

have a good day