I have Firefox and it blocks the trackers MDL is using.

I notice the reload/stop icon in the browser is flickering, and when I open devtools I see a flood of http requests, which firefox seems to block. 

This is making my browser unresponsive.

Not sure if this could cause ddos like-effect on MDL servers.

Same thing is happening to me with the rapid flickering between reload and stop icons. It seems to be happening for me on the forum rather than other sections of the site. Clicking it does nothing. Browser seems to be alright otherwise but this can't be good.

(Edit: This was slow to post and edit.)

Is that what is wrong?  I noticed my reload icon is doing the same thing.  And yesterday MDL was almost unusable it was so slow and draggy.  I could write an entire line before it would start to show up.  Posting  a nightmare.  It's better today.

Kokuto:

Is that what is wrong?  I noticed my reload icon is doing the same thing.  And yesterday MDL was almost unusable it was so slow and draggy.  I could write an entire line before it would start to show up.  Posting  a nightmare.  It's better today.

Now that you mentioned this, I seem to have this problem on a daily basis when using my iPad. It works fine on the desktop site, but on mobile it's terrible

It's thousands of requests per minute, I counted 5000 on my PC, probably different depending on hardware performance. And that's just for ONE tab. I usually have a lot of tabs open when I'm exploring dramas.

I would say this is a bug of very high importance, as it affects users computers, affects MDL servers, performance and stability. 

I've noticed this for many days, my firefox browsers always at 100% cpu load and I've had to force end the task to gain control of my pc, since I always leave some MDL tabs open.

Uhn.

I'm not going to reveal how many MCL tabs I have open. :)

Is this still an issue? We have made some changes.

Ji-N:

Is this still an issue? We have made some changes.

My reload icon is still flickerly madly.

It's improved some.  The site isn't dragging as much, but it still is slower as is posting.

Same as before on my end, 1000 requests in 10 seconds.

ArniA:

Same as before on my end, 1000 requests in 10 seconds.

The requests are not coming from us, and not much we can do about it,  but will continue to look into it.

Updated: Could everyone please check again.

Okay, my reload icon is now normal.  And things don't seem slow.  Let me go post a few things.

Probably didn't affect MDL servers since all the requests went to external servers, but it would have affect users computer performance resulting in slowliness.