I've had edits rejected a few times because I was too slow or for similar reasons that couldn't really be helped, and that's totally cool

With that said, I feel like I'm a good user who doesn't abuse the site or any of its features, and it's kind of frustrating not being able to make any minor edits or even vote because I don't have enough "points"

I'm not sure exactly how this whole points system works, but it would be good if it could be reevaluated someday so that the admins could categorise rejected edits/rule violations so that users don't get penalised over really minor things

Hessa Volunteer Staff

We never reject submissions for being "too slow". This is the first time I heard such things.

Hessa:

We never reject submissions for being "too slow". This is the first time I heard such things.

ah sorry, I meant as in two users make the same edit before either one has been approved

Hessa Volunteer Staff

So now you can't edit at all? You can't add episode cover or summary for example?

Hi,

If I understand what you are saying, you are suggesting two things:

1. To count rejected edits as approved in the profile edits count
  2. To rethink the edits count

The rationale being that the said edits count affects your ability to vote for suggestions, and although your own edits count is low because of rejected edits, you actually make legitimate ones which are rejected because of events outside of your control ; thus it doesn't affect their quality and should be counted.

Did I understand or not at all?

allekseu:

Hi,

If I understand what you are saying, you are suggesting two things:

1. To count rejected edits as approved in the profile edits count
  2. To rethink the edits count

The rationale being that the said edits count affects your ability to vote for suggestions, and although your own edits count is low because of rejected edits, you actually make legitimate ones which are rejected because of events outside of your control ; thus it doesn't affect their quality and should be counted.

Did I understand or not at all?

Hello, not the first one, but the second one. 

I'm not necessarily saying that edits rejected because of events outside of one's control should actually be counted, but it would be good if it wouldn't work against users in the "low points" sense. I feel like users should only be inhibited from fully participating on the site if they've actually abused the site's features or broken a major rule. 

I know it's not quick or easy to change these things, but if things are ever being updated one day, it might be something to consider. Thanks for your time : )