Closed

Request for assistance - Problem to vote for tags

This discussion has been closed.

I am trying to vote for tags on the Untamed page and I get an error message 

'You do not have enough of points to edit or cast vote'

Could you please let me know why do I get this message and how to solve the issue?

Thank you in advance.

I have the same problem when I try to vote for Killer and Healer tags.

Would be great if someone could help. Thanks!

I have this problem as well.

Users without any edits points cannot vote. We enabled this because of abuse.

Ji-N:

Users without any edits points cannot vote. We enabled this because of abuse.

Hello Ji-N. Thank you for the answer. 

Some History.

First of all, I have to mention that most of the information I have edited on CQL page was 'WRONG' information. I was meaning to write to MDL separately about this.

- I edited out 'comedy' mentioned in the genres, when clearly CQL isn't a comedy. What strikes me, is that the approval staff approves 'genres' without referring to official information (information provided on 'official broadcasting' channels).

- I don't remember if I edited or just wrote a post about 'lgbt' tag on CQL page. Netflix mentions that CQL is adapted from a 'danmei' novel. Danmei literature is different from 'lgbt' literature. This isn't about 'regional' differences as mentioned in one post written by an mdl staff, but the characteristics of the literature. And therefore, lgbt can be a tag too, but the more accurate tag would be danmei (since it holds the meaning of aesthetism and romanacizing). Danmei literature is different form homosexual literature. I haven't suggested this tag, since the mdl approval staff mentioned it is forbidden (unclear as to why, though). Why is this term allowed on douban and netflix, but not MDL? In any case, you can understand that my suggestion is based on official information and is legitimate.

- I suggested adding the Genre of the novel CQL is adapted from. And this suggestion wasn't approved. Why? Mo Dao Zu Shi is a Romance (the genre on the publisher's page).The explanation given to me by the approval staff is that Romance is redundant with 'censored same sex original work'. How do these two phrases mean the same thing in English language. Each of the same sex works has its genre from romance to drama, xianxia, comedy, etc... Why wouldn't MDL want to provide accurate information?

Before writing about tags tags, I have to say, that it is my impression that tags are handled strangely by the approval staff. Aren't keywords/tags there to reflect viewers' feelings? Isn't that why tags exist? Why do IMDB or Douban approve tags for the SAME contents, MDL doesn't?

-  I have suggested a tag 'romance' that wasn't approved on two pages, and a tag 'match made in heaven'. Why? If 'bromanc'e is approved on a page, for a drama that has neither 'bromance' nor 'romance' in its genres, why isn't romance approved? A tag that reflects not just one person's opinion but hundreds of thousands. Why does IMDB approve a tag, MDL doesn't?

I will have to write a separate message about the tag 'censored adaptation of same-sex original work' that MDL uses for some dramas, because this is a separate topic and can't be written about in a few phrases. However, the word 'censored' is a wrong word based on misconceptions about dramas, a China's laws, or the mere notion of what an adaptation is. This tag affects viewers, not speaking of the fact that it becomes a 'spoiler' when misinterpreted. What MDL should provide, is simply the 'age restriction', that will show whether the drama has or does not have mature contents. This would be the professional approach.

And I have edited the CQL synopsis with Hessa, but I haven't edited it directly on the page.

Therefore, based on the above, I'd like to understand as to why I wouldn't be able to vote today. Voting is a right. As you mentioned, should there be abuse, you have all the right to retract those rights. But I would like to ask you, where in all I have mentioned, was the abuse? Suggesting tags? Suggesting official and accurate information? Correcting wrong information that shouldn't have been approved in the first place? Wanting a more professional approach when it comes to providing information?

I am going to kindly request to give clarifications on what you consider abuse and to restore my rights. And should you have time to discuss any of this, I'll do it gladly. 

Thank you. 

Ji-N locked this May 30, 2021 04:31 pm