There's a feature in Myanimelist after you complete an anime there's a checkbox with Re-watching, maybe MDL can have the same feature?  I couldn't find another forum post about this, I think it would be useful for those who like to re-watch dramas/movies. It should say you are re-watching it on your last list updates instead of just "watching" 

173votes

I just made a post of my own suggesting basically the same thing (because I didn't bother to look through the rest of the posts first and see if someone had already said something about it, whoops!), so I guess I'll go ahead and delete my post and re-write it as a comment here that way there aren't a bunch of posts about the same thing, lol.

'I've been really wishing lately that you could create a re-watch/re-watching watch list on MyDramaList. I know I could just add the drama to my plan to watch or currently watching list, but then it's removed from my completed list, and I don't like that. Anyone else feel the same or is it just me?'

Hopefully, this post will get some traffic, cause I'd really like to see this implemented.

I absolutely support the idea - also wrote this to the admins long time ago.

Screenrider:

Just a reminder, but the admins most likely aren't able to keep track of all the messages they receive from site users as I would imagine they receive a lot, and even if they like an idea someone has suggested, they still won't be able to automatically implement it since I'm sure there are so many other things in the pipeline that need to be worked on first. It's really best just to come to the suggestions forum and look for posts that have proposed the same ideas as you and vote for them if you have points available or to make a post of your own with your suggestion that way people can vote on it and it can hopefully gain traction with the users. 

The pinned post here shows you what suggestions currently have the most votes and the most user support: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/30932-the-list-of-suggestions-please-read-before-you-open-a-new-suggestion

OhSoEnthusiastic:

Just a reminder, but the admins most likely aren't able to keep track of all the messages they receive from site users as I would imagine they receive a lot, and even if they like an idea someone has suggested, they still won't be able to automatically implement it since I'm sure there are so many other things in the pipeline that need to be worked on first. It's really best just to come to the suggestions forum and look for posts that have proposed the same ideas as you and vote for them if you have points available or to make a post of your own with your suggestion that way people can vote on it and it can hopefully gain traction with the users. 

The pinned post here shows you what suggestions currently have the most votes and the most user support: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/30932-the-list-of-suggestions-please-read-before-you-open-a-new-suggestion

However, they answered me that they have a re-watch-function on their "to-do-list". So I was a bit frustrated that after all this time it still has not been implementend.

Hmm, well maybe it's just a really big project, so they've been trying to get out some of the smaller things first.

Screenrider:

I think that they need time, since It's not that easy to program I guess. You need to make the watching hours count consider a re-watch as a sort of separate drama to add the time I think.  You also need to add on the drama/movie page not only the count of the users who watched it/are watching  it, but also those who re-watch it , so I think it's cool to see what dramas/movies actually have much re-watch value. (And since the votes given are separate for watching, dropped, and watched, I think they might need another vote for the re-watch maybe ?) Anyway I'm glad it's on the "to-do-list". 

Potatoe:

Hi, So about the rewatching ones right?
Go to the drama/watchlist or add option~ then click advanced~ You will get an option of rewatching and rewatching priority. 

If this works, please let me know.
Thanks.

Hi! I don't have this option. :/

Potatoe:

Oh then try to go to the watchlist and then only see, or edit it again and see te advanced will come i too saw it.

OH! NOW I SEE IT! Totally awesome! So statistically (for the drama/movie page) it influences the vote and % of people currently watching, right? Where isn't a separate statistic for the re-watch (?) 

Potatoe:

Hi, So about the rewatching ones right?
Go to the drama/watchlist or add option~ then click advanced~ You will get an option of rewatching and rewatching priority. 

If this works, please let me know.
Thanks.

yeah I know about this already, that is only for # of times you re-watched it.. my point about this suggestion is MDL does not have the Re-watching checkbox like in Myanimelist.net people can see you're re-watching something on your last list updates. I could use "Currently watching" option but then people might think I'm watching it for the first time when I've watched it before already ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sunset:

yeah I know about this already, that is only for # of times you re-watched it.. my point about this suggestion is MDL does not have the Re-watching checkbox like in Myanimelist.net people can see you're re-watching something on your last list updates. I could use "Currently watching" option but then people might think I'm watching it for the first time when I've watched it before already ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, that's what I'm wanting as well, although I just want it for my own categorizing/organizing OCDness, lol. I don't like adding a previously watched drama to my Currently Watching tab only for it to be removed from the Completed tab. I'd rather have a separate Re-Watching tab I can add dramas to and it won't remove the drama from Completed.

Gna give life to this thread again - yes plz on priority xx

gave this 3 votes, I really need it!!

Please assist with this <3

We beseech you- please focus on these kind of suggestion sooner