Hi Admin,

This is in continuation of the earlier ticket raised by us regarding comments being deleted from the comments section of The Long Ballad (TLB). 

In response to your reply to the earlier ticket (which was monitored and closed by Ji-N and hence we could not reply there) I am writing to you on this ticket. 

First off thank you for un-deleting the 7 days worth of comments. For the few hours the comments were deleted we were really upset as a lot of us had put in a lot of efforts in interpretations and analysis of the drama.

I can understand your concern from the admin point of view with respect to the load of the comments. I speak n behalf of the many commentators of TLB in requesting you to delete older comments (maybe the first 2000?) Since people will not scroll down that far.. 

Please let us know what we can do so as not to have any future such event of deleting of comments happen.

Thanks and have a nice day..

I want to support the above post by HappyBirdEgg. Please delete all the oldest 2000 comments. They are no longer relevant. Hopefully, this will clear up more space for our comments page? 

The issue is not that the server cannot handle the number of comments but your and everyone else browser will not be able with the long chain of comments that you are creating. Delete old comments will do nothing. Please consider moving it to a forum or delete your own comments. 

Ahh okay.. I will post your response for others to see and we can start deleting some of the comments.. 

We will be deleting some of our own comments. Mean time, Admin, can you try to delete some of the oldest comments? Those that were there even before this drama started? Maybe that will also help?

That will do nothing since the recent long-chained comments are the issue. It doesn't matter if we delete 20k of the oldest one, it will make no difference.

Here what we are going to do, we will delete the last 7 days of long-chained comments, and that should solve the issue.

We have cleared the long-chained comments. The comments section should be fine now.  

Once again thank you admin! We will ensure that we don't have long-chained comments on the TLB page moving forward.. 

Have a nice day!

Ji-N closed this Jun 24, 2021 07:29 am