Hi, I'm trying to fix up the air dates for the Chinese talk show Day Day Up. It's long running and has gone through many time slot changes so the episode air dates and times are incorrect. I had a few questions regarding edits for this:

1. If episode is 2 hours long, but the broadcasting website then updates the episode in two seperate videos, does this count as 1 episode or 2? 

On sites like Baidu, they list the episodes as seperate episodes. Example:

第20100108期

帅气男主播自曝直播糗事

第20100108期

《天天》上演机器人大战

MDL also currently has these episodes counted as seperate episodes in their "Release Info > Seasons" section. 

Just want to make sure if I should merge them or not when I fix the episode air times. 

2.  Most of the long running, older Chinese talk/variety shows don't refer to episode numbers.  Instead they refer to episode date when referring to episodes. I.e. The "20210826 episode" or the "episode on 20210826". 

In this case, how should the number of episodes be sourced? Can I just source the episode list from Baidu or the broadcasting website, and then say I counted on the episodes? 

For me, I'll follow whatever the website/TV channel did. Since the website splits them into two, then do it like that. It will be helpful for the fans of the show who used MDL to keep track of the show. 

Can't find the exact same situation but in a Japanese talk/variety show called "Getsuyou Kara Youfukashi" (which I regularly updates) and they sometimes have special episodes which go to 100-120 minutes long (from the usual 50 minutes duration) and they split it into two 'broadcast'. So even though they promoted it as a one special episode, it is actually 2 episodes in the same day. The TV Channel also usually references the episode as the first part broadcast of [date] and second part broadcast of [date], so it makes sense for me to treat them as separate episodes.

And for the episode numbers, you can source the episode list from some source and count it by yourself. I've done it in several TV shows pages here.