"Drama Shower" (ドラマシャワー) was an MBS time slot specialized in BL drama productions. The project was launched in April 2022 and it was originally a one-year limited project, but due to its success and popularity, MBS decided to renew it for another year. In March 2024 it was announced that My Strawberry Film would be the last installment of the time slot and that, as of April 2024, Drama Shower would be replaced by a new time slot called "Drama Fill". Drama Fill is a more generic time slot that includes non-BL series, as well (the first installment of Drama Fill is in fact the non-BL psychological thriller Ubawareta Bokutachi).

Drama Shower was a collaboration between MBS — the same broadcasting company as My Beautiful Man — and Tunku (トゥンク) — a new drama label established by KADOKAWA, which has many hit BL manga and novels under its belt. In Japanese "tunku" is an onomatopoeic word that suggests the sound of a pounding heart. The hope is that these BLs will take their viewers on an exciting journey, making their hearts beat.

List of Drama Shower series
(chronological order)

1. Mr. Unlucky Has No Choice but to Kiss! (finished airing)

2. Senpai, This Can't be Love! (finished airing)

3. Takara-kun & Amagi-kun (finished airing)

4. Eternal Yesterday (finished airing)

5. Candy Color Paradox (finished airing)

6. Jack o' Frost (finished airing)

7. Tokyo in April Is... (finished airing)

8. My Personal Weatherman (finished airing)

9. One Room Angel (finished airing)

10. Mr. Sahara & Toki-kun (finished airing)

11. My Strawberry Film (finished airing)

Where to watch the series

All the Drama Shower series can be watched on Viki and/or GagaOOLala.
Mr. Sahara & Toki-kun can also be watched on iQIYI.
You can watch the behind the scenes on Niconico Channel (the first part of the clips is free to watch, but unlocking the full footage requires a subscription plan).

Official drama websites:

Social media accounts

Some of the dramas have separate social media accounts:

Other sources

[The credits of the pictures used in this post go to GagaOOLala and MBS.]

Cool thanks for the info. Will You update the list when new dramas will be announced?

Kristana:

Cool thanks for the info. Will You update the list when new dramas will be announced?

Yes, I will! ^^

And you will find the same thread on the other drama pages, as well~

I didn't know it was a one-year thing??? that explains a lot, wondering what project they'll announce next. thank you so much for this!

adriana:

I didn't know it was a one-year thing??? that explains a lot, wondering what project they'll announce next. thank you so much for this!

Awww, you're welcome! I'm glad it was useful ^^

Kinda sad it's only for one year. I'm really enjoying the increase in Japanese BL's

InvisibleInsomnia:

Kinda sad it's only for one year. I'm really enjoying the increase in Japanese BL's

Oh well, you never know. They may renew it if the project is successful ^^

That's why it's so important to watch the series on the official platforms (Viki or GagaOOLala). That's how we can show our interest to the production team and the streaming companies. This is just a quick, but necessary reminder.

Foreigner:

Oh well, you never know. They may renew it if the project is successful ^^

That's why it's so important to watch the series on the official platforms (Viki or GagaOOLala). That's how we can show our interest to the production team and the streaming companies. This is just a quick, but necessary reminder.

Always do! I'm watching multiple shows on Gaga right now, haha. Let's hope the project is successful enough for it to renew next year.

InvisibleInsomnia:

Always do! I'm watching multiple shows on Gaga right now, haha. Let's hope the project is successful enough for it to renew next year.

Aw, hearing that you're enjoying your Gaga subscription is nice ^^ 

Let's cross fingers for this project! 

Aaaah, thank you so much :) I'll be checking out here for updates!! 

Jorian1108:

Aaaah, thank you so much :) I'll be checking out here for updates!! 

You're welcome~

This is great! We need more jbls but I honestly didn't take much of a liking to the 2 dramas that finished airing.  And the 3rd one hasn't really made a good impression based on the comments on its page. But I'm glad Japan is taking a step towards showing more bl shows. Hope there will be another one before the year ends.