I did the translation of the twitter link shared by many in the comments:
https://mobile.twitter.com/c_entfanatic/status/1518594341396176896

*Not sure if its official script or not but written in the image "Script for ep 40, 2nd draft"

And it's probably gonna get buried so I'll just leave this here
I’m real bad at translating but here goes, I’ll skip some stuffs cuz I can’t think of the right word in English.

Changyi sighs while looking at Yunhe’s portrait. He has started to learn how to cook (steam, roast, frying etc.) throughout the days of waiting.
He let out a smile while looking at the smoke coming from the stove.
“If he could see her smile, he’s even willing to become the food in her mouth, and into her stomach. Staying together forever. “
Changyi sits in a big pot, washing himself. (I don’t even know what is happening in this line. Sounds like he wanna cook himself lol)

Changyi cast his fishing rod into the ocean at the cliff.
“He fishes everyday, but never once did he make a catch. But he didn’t dread, just like the days go by without fail, he never once doubt the promise that Yunhe made. “
Changyi sings the mermaid tune, while looking up at the sun.
“He silently waits, hoping that one day…”
Suddenly his fishing rod sank. He pulled at it and a female jumped up from the ocean, into the sky, as endearing as the sun.
The girl looked over and smiled at the mermaid. Shocked Changyi couldn’t believe his eyes.
Yunhe jumped into Changyi embrace. He caught her, and twirled her around with smiles and laughter.
“The breeze comes from the sea, perfect for returning friends.” (Omg I’m literally ruining this phrase with my translation. )

Morning at the eastern sea.
Yunhe and Changyi sits at the cliff. A thousand waves beneath their feet.
Changyi: Why do you have a fish tail?
Yunhe: Your mermaid bead kept me alive for 300 years underground. For 300 years, my energy and body structure changed. Is it so weird for a fox tail to change to a fish tail?
What about you? Since you’ve regained your powers, did you tried transforming?
Changyi: I didn’t once tried. I wanted you to be the first to see it, so I was waiting.
Yunhe: Why not now then? Big fish tail, do you need to take off your pants to transform?
“Changyi blushed, and turned away from Yunhe shyly. Yunhe laughed satisfyingly.”
“She looked towards the ocean and breathed in the breeze.”
Yunhe: I always thought it was weird that your character is so pure and innocent. But now I know its because of the ocean. Everything seems so small and insignificant when I look at the vast ocean. I feel that we can put down and let go of everything from the past.
Changyi: As vast as the ocean and sky, we are now together. Yunhe, this time around, we are finally free.
“The two looked at each other and smiled while tightly holding hands.”
Yunhe: Let’s see who swims faster.
“Two of them jumps up into the air and transformed into their beautifully coloured tails with the sun in the background” 

Thank you for this. I really appreciate it.

Thank you for the link and translation! Absolutely appreciate it.  I wish they won't try to cram everything into one episode. It would make more sense to have the scenes here shown instead of LHQ's scene or LuoLuo/KM scene (which is not even in the book).

Thank you for the translation! 

so, its real, both FL and ML from this tv series, has a happy ending... ??

its really true that is the translation from their twitter ??

Thank you so much for the translation!

Thank you for the explanation! Do you also know if this script is based on the novel?

Xian Hua:

Thank you for the explanation! Do you also know if this script is based on the novel?

Oh, I didn't read the novel so I'm not sure

OMG thank you. I was really wondering what the hell happened within those 300 years. They could have at least done a flashback or something to give a bit of background to it.

Thank you for the translation :)

Here's the cartoon animation of the ending that some fan put together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zRbnsq03C4&list=LL&index=1&t=225s

I wish they would have put more time into this ending lol

Oooo… so that was wot happened… I never quite understood the ending when I watched it half a year ago… thanks for the translation!!

omg thanks for this translation! It finally gave me some closure of a reunited lovers and happy ending. Otherwise i will keep wondering was that ending real or something ChengYi imagined in his head while still waiting for Yunhe to return.