Hello,   Do you have questions, comments/thoughts on KHS first movie the madonna/The Cheerful Caretaker?   

Let us immerse ourselves in this very interesting, complex short movie-- please do join in :)

Please be courteous & respectful of all expressed opinions - Peace out <3 <3

Hey there - hope more will join me in showing GHS how we love her first movie <3

I found the following to be really interesting about the film:

1) The use music - the "upbeat"(?) choice is opposite the morbidity of the topic (euthanasia) - GHS purposely
did that, right?  to lighten up the mood?  

** The speed & tone of the music played a big role in how the film tells its story & affecting its viewer/me. 
That's so cool about GHS movies - both music/sound & images arehers - so they fuse together so well.

2) the use images to represent ideas - the pure, white clothing of the dead, the red roses to represent the priest's pov that
the act of mercy killing is noble (he's helping pple but is he?) 

** the Polaroid pics (born-die dates) makes viewers feel that "real people" died - really effective - without showing depressing
or macabre scenes.  Even as they line up to take the picture make you feel the process -- ugghh :(

many others?  what's the meaning of the fish bowl?

3) story telling - the nun & young man -- very interesting way of telling it -> coming up to the top of ladder -> a single smile ->he decides
to die -> red shoes -> she wants to die too  ->  What's the message(s) of the film?

Gosh thanks Geumtrangdi for creating this discussion column.

I'm very impressed with this young Director/Actress Ku Hye Sun, she's a deep thinker, this is unusual for a person at her age to think this way.

I think in this a short movie the viewers may have different interpretaion. Basically I think it's about the journey of a persons life. It's very deep, complicated and confusing to understand.

I love the music, it's cheerful and make you awake kkkk.  And I keep thinking why the nun turn back to an ordinary person..am i correct on this?

This is Ku Hye Sun's 1st debut directed work. Overall she did a great job it makes us think what's life worth for.

Her work being recognised,
1) Ku Hye Sun’s short film “The Cheerful Caretaker” (“The Madonna”) was being awarded with “Best Topic Award” at The 12th Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia (SSFF&A) on 13th June 2010.
2) "The Cheerful Caretaker" (“The Madonna”) was also being awarded with “Best Audience Award” at The 2009 “Busan Asian Short Film Festival”.
(source info :translation copyrights credit – gongjunim.wordpress.com)